Transfer to NOVA
Transferring to Northern Virginia Community College? You may be able to receive credit for completed coursework.
Steps to Get Started
Follow this step-by-step checklist to apply and learn how to submit your transcripts for credit evaluation.
- Apply for Admission
- Apply for Financial Aid
- See a Counselor
- Get Credit for Previous Classes
- Register for Classes
- Pay Your Tuition
- Check Your Enrollment Schedule
- Activate Your Email Account
- Learn more about financial assistance.
- To pay in installments, you must enroll in the FACTS Tuition Payment Plan prior to your tuition due date.
You are encouraged to speak with a counselor before enrolling for classes. A counselor can help you select a major, identify the classes you need to take, get financial aid, evaluate potential careers and more.
- Walk-in advising is available at any Student Services Center.
- Students with disabilities can meet with a counselor for disability services.
- Confirm your major.
- Bring an unofficial transcript from every college you have attended.
- Determine which classes transfer to NOVA.
- Verify whether you need to take placement tests.
- Choose your classes.
Officially transfer your prior coursework to NOVA. The College will determine which courses will count in your program of study. You should do this as soon as possible to avoid taking unnecessary courses.
- Request an official transcript from every college or university you have attended.
- Official transcript(s) should be sent to the Student Services Center on your campus.
- Complete and submit a Transcript Evaluation Request form for each transcript.
Enroll online with NOVAConnect. First-time students are encouraged to enroll in SDV 100 or another student development course during their first semester.
- Learn more about registration.
Print a copy of your enrollment schedule from NOVAConnect or call 703.323.3770 or 703.330.3770 (Prince William County) to check your classes and payment status.
- Verify that you are enrolled in the correct courses.
- Print a copy of your enrollment schedule every time you make a change.
Activate your free email account.
- To protect your privacy, instructors may only use a student's official NOVA email address.
- You will receive updates on course changes and other pertinent information through your NOVA email account.
Important Notice: Students cannot activate their VCCS student email until they have enrolled for classes. All fees must be paid before students can access their email.