Virtual Advising provides students with the opportunity to speak one-on-one with a professional advisor to explore academic options and opportunities.
Virtual Advisors are available via:
Virtual Lobby for students is available via Zoom or by calling 1.646.558.8656 (meeting ID: 994 9862 1401).
March 8-12, 2021 Spring Break Close at 5 PM
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
March 8-12, 2021 Spring Break Close at 5PM
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
An advisor will respond within two business days when the college is open.
Virtual Advising Services
- Review and interpret Advisement Reports
- Provide contact information for various college departments and staff
- Give academic calendar information
- Program place students and provide guidance on selecting a major
- Provide information about registration and scheduling
Virtual Advising Does Not:
- Enroll students who are on academic probation in classes. You must contact your Academic Success counselor or attend a PASS group session. Additional information is located at Academic Success Counseling.
- Receive academic suspension and dismissal appeals. Please see Academic Standing policy and go to Academic Success Counseling for information.
- Verify receipt of transcripts or forms by campus offices
- Process Financial Aid
- Verify receipt of Financial Aid documents
- Provide specialized counseling for visiting students (from other colleges and universities), students seeking accommodation for disabilities, transfer students or students requiring referral to mental health counseling resources.
- Assist current high school dual enrollment students with course enrollment
A NOVA Student ID number is required for most services.
Who is My Academic Advisor?
Advising provides tools, information and resources to students as they pursue their education at NOVA.
Once you have chosen a degree program and you have been advised by a counselor for your first semester, you can begin seeing an Academic Advisor. Your advisor will be a faculty member in your chosen program of study.