Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:


Student Resources

Dual enrollment students taking classes on campus, online or with their high schools have access to NOVA’s support services and student life opportunities.

myNOVA/NOVAConnect Tutorials
myNOVA/NOVAConnect will allow you to access many of NOVA’s resources including your VCCS email and access to your academic record.

Advising and Counseling
You will have access to academic advising and counseling. You can receive advice relating to career planning, transfer, disability or retention.

Accommodations and Accessibility Services
If you are interested in receiving disability-related accommodations please visit the Accommodations and Accessibility Services website.

Library Resources
You will be able to use the NOVA library system. This includes each of the campus libraries and the online resources associated with the library system.

You will have access to free tutoring services for your NOVA classes on each campus. Please see the tutoring website for hours and policies for each campus.

Student Life
You can take part in many of the programs, clubs and activities that Student Life provides.

Resources After Graduation

How to request transcripts:
After you have completed a dual enrollment class, you can request a transcript.

If you are going to a school other than NOVA you must have your NOVA official transcripts sent to the college that you are attending. NOVA transcripts are not automatically sent to other colleges by their high schools. Once your college receives the transcript, they will evaluate it.

Enrolling at NOVA after High School Graduation:
When you graduate from high school, you will be able to enroll as a curricular student and complete any of NOVA’s degrees and certificates. Since you are already a NOVA student, you will not need to reapply. Your NOVA ID and NOVAConnect username will remain the same.

If you took the Virginia Placement Test within two years, you will not have to retest. However, SOL and PSAT scores used as dual enrollment placement test exemptions will not be valid after you graduate from high school. For these situations, you would need to take the Virginia Placement Test.

You will have a Dual Enrollment hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes independently. When preparing to choose classes for the fall, you will need to meet with either a Pathway counselor or First-Year Advisor to choose a major and have the Dual Enrollment hold removed.

Don't forget to Start Strong!