Our financial aid tutorials answer the most common questions we receive.
Ways to Contact the Financial Aid Office
All NOVA Financial Aid staff are working remotely and are available to speak with you.
The Financial Aid Virtual Lobby for students is available via Zoom or by calling 1.301.715.8592 (meeting ID: 827 1339 2475) during the hours listed below on days the College is open.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please include your 7-digit NOVA Student ID, phone number, and if applicable, the campus you would normally visit. A staff member will contact you within 1-2 business days.
Requested financial aid documents can be submitted to the 24-Hour Student Support Center as an attachment to a web case or in many instances documents can be uploaded directly through your NOVAConnect To Do List (if applicable).
Applying for Aid
Use our step-by-step guide, tutorial and tools to apply for aid.
Use the following links to help you through the Financial Aid process.
- Campus Financial Aid Offices
- 24-Hour Student Support Center
- Financial Aid Tutorials
- Financial Aid TV
- Search FAQ
Financial Aid Videos
SwiftStudent is the new free, digital resource that helps NOVA students request changes to their college financial aid packages.
SwiftStudent offers college students:
- a guide to request additional financial aid when your economic circumstances have changed, such as changes due to COVID-19 (recent job loss of a parent, a medical crisis, and loss of childcare or housing)
- a way to start the appeal conversation with financial aid officers
- clear information about financial aid requirements and appeal types
- customizable template letters to help you share your situation with your school
- SwiftStudent >offers templates that address over 14 types of appeals, accompanied by an extensive resource guide.
Through SwiftStudent, students can learn about the financial aid appeal process, review eligibility requirements, and customize free template appeal letters to submit to their college financial aid office.
Financial Aid Dashboard
The Financial Aid Dashboard allows you to view, complete, and submit certain financial aid forms electronically. If your myNOVA To Do List indicates that you need to complete the Clarification of Family Members and Number in College Form or the Marital Status Form, please log in to the dashboard to complete those forms. You can also complete the Financial Aid Credit Balance Authorization Form through the dashboard to authorize NOVA to pay for ineligible courses with excess aid.
To access the Financial Aid Dashboard, log in with your myNOVA username and password.
Policies & Procedures
- Financial Aid Handbook
- Financial Aid Students Rights & Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Awards, Adjustments, Disbursements, & Refunds
- Financial Aid Appeals
- Return of Title IV Financial Aid Funds (R2T4) Policy
- Impact of Dropping, Withdrawing, Auditing, or Not Attending a Course
- Fraud & Identity Theft
- Additional Award Information