Ways to Contact the Financial Aid Office
All NOVA Financial Aid staff are working remotely. Campus staff is available just as if they were on campus.
- If you wish to be contacted by a NOVA financial aid team member during normal business hours either by call back or setting up a virtual meeting, please visit NOVAQ.
- Call the 24-Hour Student Support Center at 1.855.323.3199.
- Live chat or submit requested documents at the 24-Hour Student Support Center. Here are the steps to create a web case and to submit documents.
- If it is after normal business hours and you would like for a financial aid staff member to contact you, please email email@example.com and a staff member will contact you within 24 hours to set up a meeting. Please include your 7-digit NOVA Student ID, phone number, and if applicable, the campus you would normally visit.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you to our offices in the near future.
Also, please remember that dropping, withdrawing or failing to participate in your courses remotely for the rest of the semester could cause you to lose eligibility for financial aid you already received and negatively impact your aid eligibility for future terms due to the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy. If you need assistance with your courses, please contact your instructors and utilize available resources such as free tutoring.
Types of Aid
Learn about scholarships, grants, loans, work-study and eligibility.
Applying for Aid
Use our step-by-step guide, tutorial and tools to apply for aid.
Use the following links to help you through the Financial Aid process.
Financial Aid Videos
SwiftStudent is the new free, digital resource that helps NOVA students request changes to their college financial aid packages.
SwiftStudent offers college students:
- a guide to request additional financial aid when your economic circumstances have changed, such as changes due to COVID-19 (recent job loss of a parent, a medical crisis, and loss of childcare or housing)
- a way to start the appeal conversation with financial aid officers
- clear information about financial aid requirements and appeal types
- customizable template letters to help you share your situation with your school
- SwiftStudent >offers templates that address over 14 types of appeals, accompanied by an extensive resource guide.
Through SwiftStudent, students can learn about the financial aid appeal process, review eligibility requirements, and customize free template appeal letters to submit to their college financial aid office.
Financial Aid Dashboard
The Financial Aid Dashboard allows you to view, complete, and submit certain financial aid forms electronically. If your myNOVA To Do List indicates that you need to complete the Clarification of Family Members and Number in College Form or the Marital Status Form, please log in to the dashboard to complete those forms. You can also complete the Financial Aid Credit Balance Authorization Form through the dashboard to authorize NOVA to pay for ineligible courses with excess aid.
To access the Financial Aid Dashboard, log in with your myNOVA username and password.
Policies & Procedures
- Financial Aid Handbook
- Financial Aid Students Rights & Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Awards, Adjustments, Disbursements, & Refunds
- Financial Aid Appeals
- Return of Title IV Financial Aid Funds (R2T4) Policy
- Impact of Dropping, Withdrawing, Auditing, or Not Attending a Course
- Fraud & Identity Theft
- Award Letter Attachments