|F1 APPLICATION TIMELINE|
|OVERSEAS||TRANSFER||CHANGE OF STATUS|
|FALL||Feb 15 - Jun 30||Feb 15 - Jul 15||Feb 15 - Jun 30|
|SPRING||Jul 15 - Nov 15||Jul 15 - Dec 10||Jul 15 - Nov 15|
|Dec 15 - Apr 1||Dec 15 - May 1||Dec 15 - Apr 1|
Admissions Options for International Students at NOVA
Admitted directly into an Associate’s degree program for full time academic coursework.
|English Requirement||TOEFL 76, IELTS 6.5, SAT 460 or ACT 15|
|Available Campuses||Annandale, Alexandria, Loudoun, Manassas, Woodbridge|
English Language Programs
Take ESL + some academic coursework with the goal of starting a full time Associate’s degree program.
|English Requirement||Level 4: 1.5 - 2 semesters||TOEFL 44-58/IELTS 5.5|
|Level 5: .5 - 1 semester||TOEFL 59-75/IELTS 6.0|
|Available Campuses||Annandale, Alexandria, Loudoun, Manassas or Woodbridge|
Full time, non-academic ESL program
|English Requirement||No English test score required. Placement determined upon arrival|
- Once full application is submitted, you will receive an email with testing details.
- Test will be given in an online format and can be done from your home.
- Test can only be taken once.
- If you score Level 4 or higher you can qualify for the ESL Pathway (PPREP) if you choose.
-If you score Level 3 or lower you will remain placed in the Intensive English program.
- You will be required to take a second English assessment through NOVA’s American Culture and Language Institute (ACLI). - Test details will be emailed to you.
|Available Campuses||Annandale and Alexandria only|
F-1 Transfer Students
For students already in the U.S. studying at another educational institution in F-1 status who would like to transfer to NOVA.
Changing Status to F-1
For students already in the U.S. on another immigration status who wish to apply to change to F-1 status.