The two-year Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing at NOVA prepares students for a successful career in nursing. The curriculum is designed to prepare selected students for eligibility to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and a future career as a registered nurse (RN) providing and coordinating care for patients in a variety of healthcare settings.
Please note that the online information sessions contain program information for the current academic year only.
January 20 to March 20 – Class begins in August
July 20 to September 20 – Class begins in January
- Check back soon for updated information session & TEAS Information
- 2019 Nursing Application Requirements
- How to Apply
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Request
- Curriculum Model
Note: The background check will not have to be ordered at time of application for the next application cycle. If accepted into Nursing, a background check will be required before entry to the program.
The Nursing Program at NOVA
- Full-Time 5 semester program: first semester students take the pre-requisite course work to prepare for applying to the program.
- Lecture and Labs are held at the Medical Education Campus in Springfield, VA.
- Dedicated Nursing lab.
- State of the art Simulation lab.
- The NOVA Nursing Curriculum is fully approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing (VBON), located at Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Virginia 23233-1463.
- The Associate Degree in Nursing Program at NOVA is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326.
- Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®)
- View NCLEX-RN pass rates for the last five years.
Contact & Office Information
The Nursing division is located at the Medical Education campus. It is led by an academic dean with an associate dean.
Click on the button below.