Fall 2021 Applicants
Due to the inability for students to access the testing sites, the Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and math placement testing will not be required for the Fall 2021 application cycle for the Nursing Division. You may submit an online Health Sciences and Nursing application for Fall 2021 without having TEAS scores or math placement scores attached to your application.
TEAS Information for Spring and Fall 2022 application will be posted to the website in Summer 2021.
Nursing Application Dates
- Apply March 1 to March 15 - Program starts in August
- Apply September 1 to September 15 - Program starts in January
The two-year Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing at NOVA prepares students for a successful career in nursing. The curriculum is designed to prepare selected students for eligibility to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and a future career as a registered nurse (RN) providing and coordinating care for patients in a variety of healthcare settings.
Please note that the online information sessions contain program information for the current academic year only.
- Nursing Information Session
- TEAS Information
- Nursing Brochure
- How to Apply
- Medical Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Sciences & Nursing Application
- Transcript Evaluation Process
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Request
- Transferring Into the Nursing Program
Note: The background check does not have to be ordered at time of application. A background check will be required after official acceptance before the program starts.
The Nursing Program at NOVA
- Full-Time 5 semester program: first semester students take the pre-requisite course work to prepare for applying to the program.
- Lecture and Labs are held at the Medical Education Campus in Springfield, VA.
- Dedicated Nursing lab.
- State of the art Simulation lab.
- The NOVA Nursing Curriculum is fully approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing (VBON), located at Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Virginia 23233-1463.
- The Associate Degree in Nursing Program at NOVA is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326.
- Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®)
- View NCLEX-RN pass rates for the last five years.
Contact & Office Information
The Nursing Division is located at the Medical Education campus. It is led by an academic dean with an associate dean.