Health Sciences and Nursing Online Application
Are you ready to apply?
- Have you completed all program requirements by the deadline?
- Have you requested evaluation of all applicable non-NOVA transcripts and
verified the transfer credit is posted to your account?
- Has the application period opened?
- Do you know your myNOVA login? (Find your myNOVA login)
- Do you have the required documents to attach to your application? (See Attachments Chart)
- If attaching TEAS scores, are they in the correct format? (How to Attach TEAS)
- Do you have the Information Session Code for the application?
Some programs require additional documents. Use the Attach This File button on the Health Sciences &
Nursing application to attach documents.
High School transcript or GED.
Note: International high school transcripts must first be evaluated by an international evaluation agency such as IERF or ECE.
|Dental Hygiene||Chair-side Assisting Clinical Work Experience Form (if applicable)|
|Dental Assisting Training Program Certificates (if applicable)|
|Certified Dental Assistant Credential (DANB Certification - if applicable)|
|Copy of TEAS Test scores|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonography||Copy of TEAS Test scores|
|Copy of current RT(R), RDMS, RDCS, or RVT licensure or certification (if applicable)|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||Copy of TEAS Test Scores|
High School transcript or GED.
Copy of TEAS Test ScoresNote: International high school transcripts must first be evaluated by an international evaluation agency such as IERF or ECE. Proof of high school is required by the Virginia Board of Nursing and must be attached to your online application.
|Occupational Therapy Assistant||OTA Program Observation Form|
|OTA Program Work Experience Form (if applicable)|
|Physical Therapist Assistant||Copy of TEAS scores including the score for the Anatomy and Physiology science section|
|Clinic Observation Form (Note: The applicant must mail this form via certified mail to the MEC. Please refer to the PTA Information Session handout for mailing instructions.)|
|Radiation Oncology||ROC applications with all attachments must be mailed directly to Virginia Western Community College.|
|Radiography||Copy of TEAS Test Scores|
|All other programs||No supporting documents are required|
What happens after I submit my application?
- Check your student email for notification regarding your status
- EMS Applicants: allow up to 10 business days
- All other applicants: allow up to 8 weeks after the deadline
Are you having trouble with the online application?
- Contact the IT Help Desk for password resets or assistance with myNOVA login issues
- Note that it may take up to 48 hours after applying to the college for your student ID number to become active to submit a Health Sciences & Nursing Application.
- View the HSN Application Frequently Asked Questions
- Forgot an attachment? Click on the green "View Application" link at the bottom of your confirmation email to add a missing attachment.
- For technical problems with the application, email email@example.com from your student email. Include your name, student ID number, program, description of the problem or a screenshot so the issue can be tracked and investigated.
Please do not submit requests to ask about your application status to ApplyMEC. This slows down application processing for all programs. You may use the Student Comments field on the application if you need to communicate important information about your application. All applicants will receive a notification when the application has been processed.
Common Reasons for Incomplete Applications
- Missing a required course or test
- Not having the minimum grade required
- Not having the minimum TEAS score required
- Not having the minimum cumulative GPA required
- Request for transfer credit evaluation not submitted in time
- Expired placement test or TEAS scores