Health Sciences and Nursing Online Application
Are you ready to apply?
- Have you completed all program requirements by the deadline?
- Have you requested evaluation of all applicable non-NOVA transcripts and
verified the transfer credit is posted to your account?
- Has the application period opened?
- Do you know your myNOVA login? (Find your myNOVA login)
- Do you have the required documents to attach to your application? (See Attachments Chart)
- If attaching TEAS scores, are they in the correct format? (How to Attach TEAS)
- Do you have the Information Session Code for the application? (How to Find Codes)
Important Note regarding Attachments: All additional required documents must be attached to your application to apply. If you do not attach the required documents for your program, your application will go into an Incomplete Requirements queue. You will be notified that your application is incomplete. A link to your application and a deadline will be provided for you to go back and attach the required documents to move your application forward (usually 2 business days). Do not assume that these documents are already on file with the college even if they have previously been submitted. Applications that have not been corrected by the deadline will not move forward.
Some programs require additional documents. Use the Attach This File button on the Health Sciences &
Nursing application to attach documents.
High School transcript or GED.
Note: International high school transcripts must first be evaluated by an international evaluation agency such as IERF or ECE.
|Dental Hygiene||Chair-side Assisting Clinical Work Experience Form (if applicable)|
|Dental Assisting Training Program Certificates (if applicable)|
|Certified Dental Assistant Credential (DANB Certification - if applicable)|
|Copy of TEAS Test scores (waived for Fall 2021 application)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonography||Copy of TEAS Test scores (waived for Fall 2021 application)|
|Copy of current RT(R), RDMS, RDCS, or RVT licensure or certification (if applicable)|
|Medical Laboratory Assisting||High School Transcript or GED|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||Copy of TEAS Test Scores (waived for Fall 2021 application)|
High School transcript or GED.
Copy of TEAS Test Scores (waived for Fall 2021 application)Note: International high school transcripts must first be evaluated by an international evaluation agency such as IERF or ECE. Proof of high school is required by the Virginia Board of Nursing and must be attached to your online application.
|Occupational Therapy Assistant||OTA Program Observation Form|
|OTA Program Work Experience Form (if applicable)|
|Physical Therapist Assistant||Copy of TEAS scores including the score for the Anatomy and Physiology science section (waived for Fall 2021 application)|
|Clinic Observation Hours Verification Form if applicable (Note: The applicant must mail this form via certified mail to the MEC. Please refer to the PTA Information Session handout for mailing instructions.)|
|PTA Observation Hours Attestation Form if no clinic hours were obtained.|
|Phlebotomy||High School Transcript or GED|
|Radiation Oncology||ROC applications with all attachments must be mailed directly to Virginia Western Community College.|
|Radiography||Copy of TEAS Test Scores (waived for Fall 2021 application)|
|All other programs||No supporting documents are required|
What happens after I submit my application?
- Check your email for notification regarding your status
- EMS Applicants: allow up to 10 business days
- All other applicants: allow up to 8 weeks after the deadline
Are you having trouble with the online application?
- Contact the IT Help Desk for password resets or assistance with myNOVA login issues
- Note that it may take up to 48 hours after applying to the college for your student ID number to become active to submit a Health Sciences & Nursing Application.
- View the HSN Application Frequently Asked Questions
- Forgot an attachment? Click on the green "View Application" link at the bottom of your confirmation email to add a missing attachment.
- For technical problems with the application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, student ID number, program, description of the problem or a screenshot so the issue can be tracked and investigated.
Please do not submit requests to ask about your application status to ApplyMEC. This slows down application processing for all programs. You may use the Student Comments field on the application if you need to communicate important information about your application. All applicants will receive a notification when the application has been processed.
Common Reasons for Incomplete Applications
- Missing required course(s)
- Not having the minimum grade required
- Not having the minimum cumulative GPA required
- Request for transfer credit evaluation not submitted in time
- Missing required attachments to online HSN Application