- Payment Plan
NOVA offers a payment plan to help you meet your educational expenses. The payment plan is administered by Nelnet Campus Commerce (formerly Tuition Management Systems), a third party company that allows you to pay tuition in monthly payments for a set period of time. There is no credit check required and no interest charged to participate. There is a nominal enrollment fee (non-refundable). Please read the information below carefully.
Fall 2019 Plans Available Beginning 05/17/2019 (Subject to tuition rate availability) Last Day to Enroll Online Required Deposit and Fee Number of Payments Months of Payments Enrollment Fee 6/18/19 20% Deposit + 4 July - October $35 7/16/19 25% Deposit + 3 August - October $40 8/22/19 50% Deposit + 2 September - October $45
- Last day to increase your payment plan account is 8/26/19 by 4:00 p.m.
- Last day to withdraw from the payment plan is 8/30/19 for the first deposit.
- Payment plans may be cancelled immediately or by 9/03/19 for delinquent accounts.
- Last day to decrease the payment plan is 10/23/19 by 4:00 p.m. prior to second deposit.
Classes added after the last date to increase, need to be paid to the College by 5:00 p.m. the next business day by another payment method or you may be dropped from your classes.
Enrolling in the Payment Plan
I am trying to enroll in the TMS payment plan but it will not let me set one up. What is the problem?
- Any holds that prevent you from adding classes on your NOVA student account must be resolved before enrolling for the semester.
- You must be enrolled in classes before you can enroll in the payment plan.
- Your tuition amount cannot exceed the 15 credit out of state rate for the current semester.
- Enroll using a desk top or laptop computer.
- Do not use a mobile device. Use Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers.
- Turn off your pop up blocker.
Add/Drop Classes Adjustment
1. I am adding a class, do I need to go back online and complete another agreement?
No. If you add a class you should call the Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS Information Line at 800.337.0291 or the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 to inform them that you have added/dropped a class and need to have your agreement adjusted. You can also view your Payment Plan account online to see if it has been automatically adjusted.
2. I dropped all my classes and already paid a down payment. When do I get my money back and when will my agreement be terminated?
Refunds are issued by the College approximately 60 days after the last day of the add/drop period (12- or 16- Week Census Date). It is your responsibility to contact the College to verify that your classes are dropped and request termination of the agreement. The enrollment fee collected by Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS is non-refundable.
Changes to the NOVA Payment Plan Agreement
1. How far in advance do I have to notify the College of a need to adjust my plan in order to impact the next payment?
Requests for plan changes must be made at least three business days in advance of the scheduled payment date to ensure the payment is not charged. Changes or cancellations can only be made to future uncollected monthly installments and not to initial down payments.
2. I have changed my bank account and address. What should I do?
You need to call Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS directly at 800.337.0291 to advise them any time you change your bank account, address, email address, or phone number. You can also make changes by logging into your payment plan account.
3. I need to change my payment date to the 25th. Can you help me?
Payment dates are strictly on the 16th of the month, unless the 16th falls on a weekend or holiday. If the 16th should fall on a weekend or holiday, your payment will be attempted the following business day.
4. Is there a way for me to review my agreement online to make sure the proper adjustment has been made?
Yes, by going to nvcc.afford.com and logging in to your payment plan account.
Credit Card Payments
1. What credit cards are accepted by the Payment Plan?
American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
2. Will I have to pay an additional fee if I use a credit card or debit card versus a checking account?
Yes. Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS charges a service fee (in addition to the enrollment fee and down payment fee) for credit card payments.
3. How much is this fee?
The amount of the fee varies based upon the amount of the payment agreement. If a credit card or debit card is used, a service fee of 2.5% will be added to each transaction.
1. How soon is my down payment due?
Your down payment and enrollment fee, as stated in the brochure and on the Payment Plan agreement, is due immediately. Until the down payment and enrollment fees are paid your account is not active and your classes are not protected. Please be sure the funds are available in your account when you enroll in the NOVA Payment Plan.
2. I registered for the Payment Plan but decided to pay the College in full. Can I stop my down payment?
No. The down payment and the enrollment fee are processed immediately, NOVA and Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS cannot stop the attempt to charge the account provided on the agreement. Once you have paid the remaining balance to the College in full, you can call the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line 703.450.2562 to request cancellation of the agreement.
3. I didn't realize I was short of funds in my account, and there will not be enough money in my account for the down payment. What will happen?
If your down payment should return due to insufficient funds, stop payment, or incorrect bank account information, your agreement will be cancelled. If an email address is provided on the agreement, you will receive notification from Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS.
Enrollment and Enrollment Fee
1. Is it safe to enroll online?
Yes. Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS ensures that all information is kept confidential by encrypting all data using the latest in technology.
2. Is there a dollar amount limit to enroll in the Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS Payment Plan?
Yes, the dollar amount limit for activating the payment plan is equal to the current out of state tuition rate for 15 credit hours. If you are enrolled in classes that exceed that amount you must first pay that difference to NOVA before you can enroll in the payment plan.
3. When does my enrollment fee come out of my checking account?
The Enrollment fee is automatically deducted at the same time the down payment is charged. Please make sure that you have enough funds to cover both the down payment and the enrollment fee.
Financial Aid Adjustments
1. My Financial Aid has come in; will Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS adjust my Payment Plan?
No. You will need to call the Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS Information Line 1.800.337.0291 or the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 and notify them of the financial aid you received. Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS does not receive notification of your financial aid award. It is your responsibility to confirm this information with the College.
2. I overpaid on my NOVA Payment Plan. When will Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS send my refund?
All refunds will be issued by the College. Refunds will not be issued until approximately 30-45 days from the last day of the Add/Drop period, otherwise known as the Census Date.
1. I didn't have enough money in my account for the monthly payment, what will happen?
You will receive notification by email from Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS on how the missed payment will be handled. Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS may cancel the agreement if the payments are not current. There will charge a $30 service fee charged by Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS to your account for each failed payment.
2. Why was I dropped from the Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS plan?
Your Payment Plan Agreement can be cancelled because you were not current on one of the following items: tuition payments, enrollment fee, or missed payment fees. You must be current on all payments or your payment plan may be cancelled.
For more information on NOVA’s Payment Plan, contact the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 or email NOVAPaymentPlan@nvcc.edu.