New2NOVA is an online, interactive orientation program available to all incoming students. The program will teach you everything you need to know to get started at NOVA including information about academic programs, policies, procedures, student services and other valuable resources available to you as a NOVA student.
All students are strongly encouraged to complete New2NOVA prior to enrolling in courses at NOVA.
Students between the ages of 17-24 who have never attended college before are required to attend a Registration Lab in order to enroll in courses at NOVA. During the Registration Lab, you will receive guidance from advisors and staff to help you:
- understand your academic placement/placement test scores
- verify your program of study/academic major
- create an academic goal and enrollment plan
- create a schedule of classes and register for courses
- understand tuition payment and Financial Aid options
Pathway to the
Pathway to the Baccalaureate students must attend orientation provided by Pathway to the Baccalaureate staff. Please click here to register for Pathway to the Baccalaureate New Student Orientation.
In addition to New2NOVA, we offer adult learners their own unique orientation experience. These sessions are for adult students who are:
- first-time to college students 25 years of age or older;
- transferring into NOVA from another college/university (all ages), or
- returning to NOVA after a leave of absence (all ages)
You are invited to attend a New Student Orientation for Adult Learners to best help you have a successful transition and integration into college. Please click here to register.
NOVA makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you have accommodation needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 working days prior to attending a scheduled event. ASL interpreter requests can be arranged by emailing email@example.com at least four weeks prior to attending a scheduled event.