Dear Faculty & Staff,
We appreciate your commitment to support and promote student success. Most importantly, we value your crucial role and partnership in ensuring that every student succeeds at NOVA by fostering equitable, safe, and welcoming environments. We recognized that working with DREAMers is not easy and straight-forward as policies impacting this student population often change and new initiatives in support of immigrant students are dynamic resulting in misinformation and, sometimes, misconceptions. We have identified some valuable educational resources for educators to learn more about this student community and ways that you can support them. Lastly, we will be offering a series of professional development opportunities throughout the semester for faculty and staff to participate.
- DREAMers Advocates
- Educator Resources:
- Higher Ed Immigration Portal
- Guide: How can your college or university protect & support undocumented students?
- American Council on Education: Remember the Dreamers
- A Guide to Providing Mental Health Services to Immigrants Impacted by Changes to DACA and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Informed Immigrant: Resources for Educations & Schools
- External Scholarships Available to DREAMers
- Professional Development Opportunities - Information coming soon.
- Upcoming Events - Information coming soon.