NOVA accepts official college transcript by the following methods:
- Digitally via a transcript service such as Parchment or National Student Clearing House
- US mail in a sealed envelope
- By email, directly from your institution
- Hand-delivered in a sealed envelope
NOVA will only evaluate transcripts for a student’s declared major.
Transfer grades that appear as a "T" do not impact a student's GPA.
NOVA will evaluate and transfer all 100 level and 200 level coursework with the exception of remedial courses. Transfer credit coursework will appear on your transcript as well as your advising report.
If you attended another college in the Virginia Community College System, you do not need to send an official transcript to NOVA. Please fill out the VCCS Evaluation form.
The College Records Office (CRO) is responsible for evaluating:
- Transcripts from colleges and universities within the United States and foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by WES, IERF, FCSA, or ECE.
- Non-traditional credits including AP, ABLE, ACE, CLEP, CAMBRIDGE, DSST, IB, SAT II and as well as High School transcripts.
- College-level credit from earned through work-experience or from another type of learning institutions
Your transcript will not be processed if you have not:
- Applied to NOVA.
- Submitted official transcript/test score.