Transfer Credit Evaluation
Transferring credits to NOVA allows previous college-level study, examinations, or career experience to be evaluated for possible college credits. NOVA only accepts transfer credit for which a student has earned a grade of "C" or better. NOVA's Catalog and Credit for Prior Learning website outline the college policy on accepting transfer credits from other institutions.
To have your previous work evaluated by NOVA, please send your official documents to:
Northern Virginia Community College
College Records Office FX – P1
Annandale, VA 22003
Parchment Electronic Order:
Select "Northern Virginia Community College" as seen in the screenshot below.
- If you attended another college within the Virginia Community College System, you do not need to request an official transcript to be sent to NOVA. Please fill out the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form #125-049E.
- Please allow approximately eight to twelve weeks from the time the CRO receives your document for the review of your transfer credit.
Please note that longer wait times can be expected during certain times of the year, e.g., graduation, NOVA program application deadlines, and the beginning of each semester.
- You will be contacted regarding your transcript evaluation through your VCCS email address and the Message Center.
- NOVA does not accept faxed college transcripts.
- Students are responsible for submitting all required documents pertaining to evaluation.
- Students who elect to send official transcripts via the National Student Clearinghouse, Naviance, Parchment or directly from their institution can direct their transcripts to AsktheCRO@nvcc.edu.
- Important: Sending your transcripts to a different email may result in delays, and/or the College Records Office not receiving your documents.