You remember what it was like when you were starting your first job and considering a new career – now you can help another NOVA student to launch their success story.
- Recruit NOVA students and help them find jobs or internships with your employer
- Market your industry or employer at NOVA student events such as networking programs, panel discussions, employer table spotlights, or other targeted programs
- Help NOVA students market themselves by providing advise through mock interviews or resume workshops
Career Development Resources for Alumni
- NOVA’s Jobs and Internships database.
- Understanding Self
- Continuing your Education
- Community Resources
NOVA’s Jobs and Internships database.
As an alumnus, you continue to have access to Career Connection, NOVA’s online career resource and job database. Upload a resume and apply directly to positions posted in the database.
You can also access hundreds of podcasts and articles providing guidance on how to conduct a successful job search. Learn more about yourself as part of the career development process.
Your interests, skills, values and personality affect how you work and relate to people as well as to different types of careers. There are several resources and online tests provided under Students section to help you evaluate these different aspects of yourself in the context of your career choices and development.
Continuing your Education
If you are interested in continuing your education, be sure to come home to NOVA for additional certifications, credentials.
Additional resources are available through many other non-profit organizations below as well as veterans’ associations, local chambers of commerce and professional or charitable organizations throughout Northern Virginia.