Student Life at NOVA is building a community of learners and inspiring the growth of the whole student by facilitating extracurricular and co-curricular programs that support student civic engagement, leadership development, community involvement, teamwork, personal empowerment and retention.
How we achieve this goal:
- provide advising, training and mentoring to student leaders and advisors
- inspire students to become active members of the campus and community
- create programs and events that foster interactions among the diverse members of the NOVA community
- maintain spaces and resources for students focused on initiatives that enrich College culture
- engage student leaders to discover new knowledge that enables them to critically evaluate evidence, make informed judgments, balance multiple perspectives and act ethically
- expand opportunities for experimental learning, civic engagement, cultural enrichment, leadership development, recreation and service learning