Early Childhood Program Purpose: The curriculum is designed to prepare Early Childhood Professionals. This includes people presently employed in early learning settings, and those seeking employment in the field. It also provides seamless articulation for those who wish to continue their education at a four-year institution.
Articulation Information: Several senior institutions in Virginia have agreed to accept this degree in its totality for entrance into programs that may lead to public school Early Childhood Teacher Licensure (PreK-Grade 3 and/or Early Childhood Special Education) in Virginia. Students interested in early childhood pathways to teacher licensure should speak with a NOVA Early Childhood Development (CHD) advisor.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Southern Early Childhood Association
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Virginia Association for Early Childhood Education
- Prince William Family Care Association