- Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Transcript Evaluation
- Admissions and Placement Testing
- Qualifying for In-state Tuition
- Military Site Representatives
Contact an Education Service Officer or counselor within your military service branch prior to enrolling at NOVA to obtain Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits. Tuition Assistance course approval must be authorized before the first day of classes. However, some service branches require approval a week prior to the first day of classes.
Military Tuition Assistance Resources
- Students utilizing Department of Defense Tuition Assistance benefits are required complete a Service Members Opportunity College (SOC) Agreement with NOVA. NOVA is required to submit a copy of a student's SOC agreement to the military. Login here to access the SOC form (form 125-347).
- A student must be enrolled in at least one NOVA course and complete the Military Credit Evaluation Request Form before joint service transcripts will be evaluated. Login here to access the 125-349 form.
- The Central Records Office will complete evaluations of transcripts such as CLEP/DANTES and transcripts from regionally accredited schools.
- The Office of Military Services will complete evaluations of all military transcripts via Joint Services Transcript. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Community College of the Air Force transcripts will be evaluated by NOVA’s College Records Office (CRO).
Special provisions for active duty military, veterans, and their families allow them to pay in-state tuition without meeting normal domicile/Virginia residency requirements. Complete the Military-In-State Tuition Form and submit it (with the listed documents) to any NOVA Student Services Registrar’s office.
|Ft. Myer/Henderson Hall/Pentagon
Diana St. Amand Campos
Barden Education Center, Room 127
Bldg 3088, Rm 17