The HRIS team (data, analytics, time and leave, HR systems) processes employee life cycle transactions for all employees (from hire to retire) and conducts an analysis of data and troubleshoots issues in HRMS, PMIS, and ImageNow. In addition, this team handles time and leave inquiries, audits, and adjustments.
Human Resources Management System: HRMS
HRMS is accessible by logging in to myNOVA.
You can use the HRMS to:
- Maintain Employment Records
- Enter Time Sheets
- Request Leave
- Check Leave Balances
- Verify and update Personal Information via Self Service
- Wage, Hourly, and Work-Study Employee Self Service Guide
- Salaried Exempt and Non-Exempt Employee Self Service Guide
- Manager/Supervisor Self Service Guide
- Dynamic Group ID Number - Required for supervisors to approve timesheets.
- Time and Leave Guide for Supervisors
- Leave Tracker Template - Employees can use this to track their leave taken and accrued.
Frequently Asked Questions
The VCCS implemented a Human Resources Management System (HRMS) to be used by all VCCS colleges and the System Office, to maintain employment data, including time and leave reporting.
- Who needs to fill out a timesheet?
- Do I have to enter time and submit time every day?
- How can I verify if my time has been submitted/approved?
- On my days off, should I enter zero hours on my timesheet?
- How do I enter my time in the event of a weather or non-weather related emergency school closing?
Absence Request Questions
- Can I request absence-based leave such as Military, Civil or Organ Donation via HRMS Self Service?
- I submitted an Absence Request using the wrong leave code. What do I do?
- If there is an emergency closing and I already had approved leave for that day, how can I undo the leave taken?
- How do I create an Absence Request that includes a holiday which falls in the middle of my vacation (e.g. taking Monday - Friday off with a holiday falling on that Wednesday)?
- When do my VSDP leave balances expire?
- Can I carry over any leave hours that I don't use from one year to the next?
- How can I tell what my leave balances are?
- I have charged leave on my timesheet and still see the amount in my balance, when will the time be deducted?
Absence based leave such as Military, Civil, Organ Donation, etc. cannot be requested via the Self-Service page as policy requires you go through the approval process prior to taking these types of leave. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the specific deadline for managers to approve timesheets?
- If my salaried non-exempt employee does not work the standard Monday – Friday 40-hour workweek (8 hours a day) how can I update the schedule in HRMS?
- Who can approve a timesheet?
- How can we see the running total of hours worked by P-14s?
- What should the Start and End Date be when Approving Payable Time?
- Why can I not see my employees’ timesheets when I go to approve their time?
- How should an employee report attendance when attending a conference or training event in HRMS PeopleSoft?
Managers and supervisors have 24 business hours to approve time after the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on the final day of each pay period. Please refer to the payroll frequency calendars to track approval deadlines.
NOVA Applicant Tracking System: NATS
NOVA Applicant Tracking System (NATS) is part of the PeopleAdmin System and is used for posting positions available at NOVA, evaluating candidates and creating and modifying Position Descriptions. NATS includes a public site and a Management Portal. For more information about NATS or to sign up for an upcoming NATS training visit the Employment SharePoint Site.
The NOVA Intranet: Sharepoint
The NOVA Intranet is an internal network managed by IT intended for NOVA faculty and staff for sharing information. The Human Resources SharePoint page contains information intended for internal NOVA use only, such as documents, important HR dates and other information available to faculty and staff at NOVA. Human Resources will provide automation services for various processes currently used within the department.
Please note: Sharepoint only works from within the College (computers physically located at the college or from Remote Desktop and VPN connections).