The Spring 2022 ADVANCE Declaration will be open on September 22, 2021.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What is ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is an exciting partnership between Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and George Mason University (Mason) that gives NOVA students targeted, personalized support to complete their bachelor's degrees in a timely manner and save money.
Benefits of Advance
- Major Cost Savings! Completing your associates degree at NOVA before transferring to Mason will save you tuition costs.
- Make every Credit Count. Specialized, aligned curriculum from NOVA to Mason ensures all credits transfer toward your selected degree program.
- Dedicated Success Coaches. Success coaches provide you with continuous support and guidance, from your enrollment at NOVA to your graduation from Mason.
- ADVANCE = Access. You will be eligible to access recreational facilities, sporting and cultural events at NOVA and Mason.
- No Additional Application. Earn your associate degree at NOVA and then seamlessly transition to earn your bachelor's degree at Mason with no additional application required.
- Co-Enrollment. You are eligible to take select classes at Mason while you are enrolled at NOVA.
- ADVANCE Your Career. Enjoy special internship and co-curricular experiences that will prepare you for career success.
Success Coaches to Assist
ADVANCE is paving the way for students to easily transition from NOVA to George Mason. ADVANCE pathways and success coaches provide you with a clear cut pathway to success.
Who Should Consider ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is available to NOVA students in good academic standing who meet these enrollment requirements:
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average for students with college credit
- Enrolled in NOVA associate degree curricular program
- Have earned no more than 30 college credits before the semester that you plan to start ADVANCE. The 30-credit limit does not include AP, IB, CLEP, or any other earned credit by exam. High school dual enrollment credit and credit earned at other U.S. or international colleges, or universities apply to the 30-credit limit. NOVA and Mason have different transfer credit policies. It is important to note that NOVA may accept transfer credit that Mason does not accept. If you have any transfer credit questions, you may schedule an appointment with an ADVANCE Admission Counselor before application to ADVANCE at email@example.com.
ADVANCE Operations was informed that the Spring 2022 ADVANCE Declaration will reopen on September 22, 2021.
The following dates will assist you in planning to submit your ADVANCE declaration:
- Spring Declaration Deadline: December 1, 2021
The ADVANCE Agreement is the final step toward enrollment, and must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Spring Agreement Deadline: December 15, 2021
For more information, please see How to Apply.
ADVANCE Program Pathways for 2021-2022
Use the search tool below to find the ADVANCE program pathway for your degree of interest. The pathways have been sorted into categories to make them easier to find. If you are unsure of the category for your degree, see the list of all available pathways or access a printable version.
Current ADVANCE students can access pathways for past enrollment years here.
For more information, visit the Mason ADVANCE page.