The Fall 2021 ADVANCE Declaration is open for currently registered NOVA students. New students to NOVA must be registered for at least one course and have an activated NOVA email account. Students admitted to ADVANCE will begin receiving notifications on May 14th and continue throughout the summer.
How to Apply to ADVANCE
- Review your academic record.
- A high school diploma or GED is required to be enrolled in ADVANCE
- Students must be enrolled at NOVA
- If you have 30 or fewer credits and a cumulative 2.0 GPA, click on the “Apply” box and enter your MyNOVA username and password to complete the ADVANCE Declaration.
- if you do not meet the eligibility requirements for admission to ADVANCE, contact the Office of Admissions before submitting an application.
- Have official transcripts from all U.S. and international colleges and universities sent to the Mason Office of Admissions. If you wish to transfer the credit to NOVA, request official transcripts to be sent to the Student Services Center on your home campus.
- Submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form per transcript sent.
- You will receive an acknowledgment to your VCCS email account after your declaration is processed. Be sure to look for additional messages prompting you to complete two additional steps, including the ADVANCE pre-orientation and the ADVANCE Agreement.
- Dual enrollment credit may be eligible to apply toward ADVANCE pathways, once a student is in degree status at NOVA
- Student academic history, conduct, and criminal history records are reviewed during the enrollment process and will impact the time to final approval. Items in a student's history may preclude them from participating in ADVANCE in alignment with the policies of Northern Virginia Community College, George Mason University, and the ADVANCE program.
ADVANCE welcomes declarations for fall and spring enrollment by the following deadlines:
- Fall Declaration Deadline: August 01, 2021
The ADVANCE Agreement is the final step toward enrollment and must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Fall Agreement Deadline: August 13, 2021