How to Apply to ADVANCE
- Review your academic record.
- A high school diploma or GED is required to be enrolled in ADVANCE
- Students must be enrolled at NOVA
- If you have 30 or fewer credits and a cumulative 2.0 GPA, click on the “Sign Up” box and enter your MyNOVA username and password to complete the ADVANCE Declaration.
- if you have earned more than 30 semester hour credits at any college or university in the U.S. or internationally, email an ADVANCE Success Coach to discuss your academic history before submitting the declaration.
- Have official transcripts sent from any college/university you have attended except community colleges in Virginia. They may be sent to the Student Services Center on your NOVA campus. Don’t forget to Include international transcripts
- Submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form per transcript sent.
- You will receive an acknowledgment to your VCCS email account after your declaration is processed. Be sure to look for additional messages prompting you to complete two additional steps, including the ADVANCE pre-orientation and the ADVANCE Agreement.
- Dual enrollment credit may be eligible to apply toward ADVANCE pathways, once a student is in degree status at NOVA
- Student academic history, conduct, and criminal history records are reviewed during the enrollment process and will impact the time to final approval. Items in a student's history may preclude them from participating in ADVANCE in alignment with the policies of Northern Virginia Community College, George Mason University, and the ADVANCE program.
ADVANCE welcomes declarations for fall and spring enrollment. The following priority dates will assist you in planning to submit your ADVANCE declaration:
- Fall Declaration Deadline: July 15, 2020
- Spring Declaration Deadline: December 01, 2020
While declarations can be submitted at any time and are reviewed for approval on a rolling basis, these priority dates will give students the best opportunity to complete the enrollment process prior to the beginning of the semester.
The ADVANCE Agreement is the final step toward enrollment and must be submitted no later than one week prior to the beginning of the NOVA semester. Students who do not meet this deadline will be rolled into consideration for the subsequent term.
- Fall Agreement Deadline: August 01, 2020
- Spring Agreement Deadline: December 15, 2020