What Is ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is an exciting new partnership between Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and George Mason University (Mason) that gives NOVA students targeted, personalized support to complete their bachelor's degrees in a timely manner and save money.
- Major Cost Savings! Completing your associates degree at NOVA before transferring to Mason will save you tuition costs.
- Make every Credit Count. Specialized, aligned curriculum from NOVA to Mason ensures all credits transfer toward your selected degree program.
- Dedicated Success Coaches. Success coaches provide you with continuous support and guidance, from your enrollment at NOVA to your graduation from Mason.
- ADVANCE = Access. You will be eligible to access recreational facilities, sporting and cultural events at NOVA and Mason.
- No Additional Application. Earn your associate degree at NOVA and then seamlessly transition to earn your bachelor's degree at Mason with no additional application required.
- Co-Enrollment. You are eligible to take select classes at Mason while you are enrolled at NOVA.
- ADVANCE Your Career. Enjoy special internship and co-curricular experiences that will prepare you for career success.
Who Should Consider ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is available to NOVA students in good academic standing with less than 30 degree credits earned, who plan to transfer to Mason to pursue a bachelor's degree in any of the programs offered.
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average for students with college credit
- Enrolled in NOVA associate's degree curricular program
- Earned no more than 30 credit hours at the time of enrollment in ADVANCE
ADVANCE is paving the way for students to easily transition from NOVA to George Mason. ADVANCE pathways and success coaches provide you with a clear cut pathway to success.
ADVANCE welcomes declarations for fall and spring enrollment. The following priority dates will assist you in planning to submit your ADVANCE declaration:
- Fall enrollment: July 15, 2020
- Spring enrollment: November 15
The ADVANCE Agreement is the final step toward enrollment and must be submitted no later than one week prior to the beginning of the NOVA semester.
- Fall 2020 Agreement Deadline: August 12, 2020
For more information, please see How to Apply.
ADVANCE Program Pathways for 2019-2020
For the 2019-2020 catalog year, there are many pathways to choose from! In order to make it easier to find the degree that interests you, they have been sorted into categories. Use the search tool to find the program pathway for your degree of interest. Because we are continuing to work on additional pathways for the future, note that more programs will be coming in 2020-2021. The 2018-2019 pathways can be found here.
For more information, visit the Mason ADVANCE page.