ADVANCE welcomes declarations for fall and spring enrollment. The following priority dates will assist you in planning to submit your ADVANCE declaration:
- Fall enrollment: July 15
- Spring enrollment: November 15
While declarations can be submitted at any time and are reviewed for approval on a rolling basis, these priority dates will give students the best opportunity to complete the enrollment process prior to the beginning of the semester.
The ADVANCE Agreement is the final step toward enrollment and must be submitted no later than one week prior to the beginning of the NOVA semester. Students who do not meet this deadline will be rolled into consideration for the subsequent term.
- Spring 2019 Agreement Deadline: January 4, 2019
Benefits of ADVANCE
Major Cost Savings
Completing your associate degree at NOVA before transferring to Mason will save you tuition costs.
Make Every Credit Count
Specialized, aligned curriculum from NOVA to Mason ensures all credits transfer toward your selected degree program.
Dedicated Success Coaches
Success coaches provide you with continuous support and guidance, from your enrollment at NOVA to your graduation from Mason.
ADVANCE = Access
You will be eligible to access recreational facilities, sporting and cultural events at NOVA and Mason.
No Additional Application
Earn your associate degree at NOVA and then seamlessly transition to earn your bachelor's degree at Mason with no additional application required.
You are eligible to take select classes at Mason while you are enrolled at NOVA.
ADVANCE Your Career
Enjoy special internship and co-curricular experiences that will prepare you for career success.
Who Should Consider ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is available to NOVA students in good academic standing with less than 30 degree credits earned, who plan to transfer to Mason to pursue a bachelor's degree in any of the programs offered.
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average for students with college credit
- Enrolled in NOVA associate's degree curricular program
- Earned no more than 30 credit hours of applicable credit at the time of enrollment in ADVANCE
- Dual enrollment credit may be eligible to apply toward ADVANCE pathways, once a student is in degree status at NOVA
- Student academic history, conduct, and criminal history records are reviewed during the enrollment process and will impact the time to final approval. Items in a student's history may preclude them from participating in ADVANCE in alignment with the policies of Northern Virginia Community College, George Mason University, and the ADVANCE program.
What Programs Are Offered?
ADVANCE offers degrees in some of the most in-demand fields in the Northern Virginia region, filling critical workforce needs and preparing you for success in your career.