TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Listed below are the Terms and Conditions for the NOVA’s Student Equipment Loan Program. By signing the Student Equipment Loan Program Responsibility Statement (separate form incorporated herein), the Recipient agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1) Eligibility: Only currently enrolled NOVA students are eligible to be a Recipient under this Equipment Loan Program. A valid NOVA Student ID is required and must be shown at the time of taking possession of the laptop in addition to completing the Student Loan Program Responsibility Statement.
- If Recipient is no longer enrolled as a NOVA student during the Loan Term, the loaned equipment must be returned in good working condition no later than 4pm on the last day the Loaner is registered as a student.
2) Loan Fee: There is no initial fee for the Loan Term. However, Recipient is and will be responsible for fees and costs associated with any damage to or loss of the loaned equipment if not returned in a same or similar condition as originally loaned. See Sec. 4 and 5.
3) Loan Term and Termination:
- The Loan Term begins at the time and date of pick-up as written below and ends upon the final date of the current semester term. Recipient shall receive an email notification from NOVA regarding specific due date and process for return of the loaned equipment.
- NOVA may terminate this agreement and demand the return of the loaned laptop AT ANY TIME and in its sole discretion if the Recipient has failed to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
4) Non-Returned Equipment Fee: If Recipient does not return all rented equipment on or before loan due date and has not obtained express permission to extend the due date from NOVA, a non-returned equipment fee will be charged to Recipient’s student account. Once an account has been charged the non-returned equipment fee, NOVA can no longer accept the return of the laptop.
5) Lost or Stolen Equipment: The Recipient is responsible for the value of the computer as stated in Sec. 4, if it is lost or stolen. In the event laptop is lost or stolen, Recipient agrees to hold NOVA harmless if information stored on or transmitted through this device is breached or compromise.
6) Compliance with Laws and Policies: Recipient agrees the primary purpose of this loaned equipment is for activity directly related to the Recipient’s educational enrollment at NOVA, and Recipient agrees to use the loaned equipment in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, including but not limited to copyright laws. Recipient must follow all NOVA policies applicable to the rented equipment, including but not limited to the NOVA Computer Use Policy. Sensitive and/or financial information should not be entered on this device.
7) Title: At all times during the Loan Term, title and ownership to all rented equipment is retained by Northern Virginia Community College (“NOVA”). Title will be transferred without any further warranty or liability by or through NOVA in the events triggering Section 4 above.
8) Data: NOVA is not responsible for any loss of data incurred in the event of system failure. The Recipient’s data is the Recipient’s responsibility. NOVA cannot be held responsible for any loss of data/information by the Recipient. All data will be securely erased to ensure the user’s privacy upon the return of a rented laptop. Recipient is responsible for removing all personal data prior to the return of a rented laptop.