#OneNOVA Student Emergency Grant (Coming Soon)
About Financial Stability and Advocacy Centers
The mission of the Financial Stability and Advocacy Center is to enhance student capability for academic success by providing personalized services that build strong financial foundations and access to community resources.
Program Mission and Goals
The mission of the Financial Stability Program is to enhance student capability for academic success by providing personalized services that build strong financial foundations and access to community resources.
- To provide students with a financial foothold to be able to successfully manage their finances.
- To provide students with access and knowledge of campus and community resources.
- Benefit Eligibility Screening
- Assistance in Applying for Benefits
- Assistance in Accessing Community Resources (housing, food, etc.)
- Debt Reduction
- Credit (reduction, building), etc.
- Student Emergency Grant
- Tax Preparation & Filing
- Green NOVA Bag
What is the Single Stop?
Single Stop at NOVA connects students to local community and governmental resources (e.g. SNAP, TANF, etc.). Single Stop is an online screening tool that can estimate in minutes what supplemental resources students might be eligible to receive. Single Stop staff is available to assist students in accessing these resources. To complete the online Single Stop screener, please click here or visit the Single Stop location on the Annandale Campus (CG 224). If you have any questions or need help getting started, please email us at email@example.com or call 703.323.3450.
What can Single Stop help with?
- Government Benefits (e.g. SNAP, W.I.C., etc.)
- Educational Resources
- Legal Assistance
- Housing Options
- Health Insurance Options
How to Access the Single Stop Screener
- Go to the website.
- Click "Sign Up": Use your email address as username and create a password for your account. Make sure to include a phone number.
- Fill in your information: Take 5-10 minutes to fill in your information. It will automatically calculate your eligibility.
- Submit to Provider: Make sure you hit the "send" button. A Single Stop Center staff member will contact you.