About The Financial Stability Program
The mission of the Financial Stability Program (FSP) is to provide personalized non-academic services that focuses on building holistic students by providing them with financial coaching, emergency assistance and access to community resources.
- Benefit Eligibility Screening
- Assistance in Applying for Benefits
- Assistance in Accessing Community Resources (housing, food, etc.)
- Debt Reduction
- Credit (reduction, building), etc.
- Student Emergency Grant
- Tax Preparation & Filing
- Green NOVA Bag
What is the Single Stop?
Single Stop at NOVA connects students to local community and governmental resources (e.g. SNAP, TANF, etc.). Single Stop is an online screening tool that can estimate in minutes what supplemental resources students might be eligible to receive. Single Stop staff is available to assist students in accessing these resources. To complete the online Single Stop screener, please click here or visit the Single Stop location on the Annandale Campus (CG 224). If you have any questions or need help getting started, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.323.3450.
What can Single Stop help with?
- Government Benefits (e.g. SNAP, W.I.C., etc.)
- Educational Resources
- Legal Assistance
- Housing Options
- Health Insurance Options
How to Access the Single Stop Screener
- Go to the website.
- Click "Sign Up": Use your email address as username and create a password for your account. Make sure to include a phone number.
- Fill in your information: Take 5-10 minutes to fill in your information. It will automatically calculate your eligibility.
- Submit to Provider: Make sure you hit the "send" button. A Single Stop Center staff member will contact you.