Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:


Transfer Agreements

  • students sit excitedly during graduation ceremony

NOVA offers transfer programs that lead to an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree.

NOVA offers two types of transfer agreements with many institutions to help you plan for a smooth transfer to another institution -- Guaranteed Admission Agreements and Articulation Agreements.

Note: Some four-year colleges will accept certain Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate of Applied Arts (A.A.A.) programs, but each institution has a different policy.

Guaranteed Admissions Agreements

Guaranteed Admission Agreements (GAA) secure your entrance into more than 40 area colleges and universities when you meet the agreement requirements.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation Agreements are partnerships between institutions that can help ensure the classes you take at NOVA will transfer to a college or university.