Out of an abundance of caution regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention, NOVA has shifted to providing remote Student Services beginning March 18, 2020. If you are in need of assistance, please consult one of the following resources.
College Resource List for Remote Student Support Services
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH APPLYING TO NOVA, IN-STATE TUITION, ETC.
Contact Enrollment Services
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH FINANCIAL AID, ETC.
Contact Financial Aid
If you have questions regarding financial aid, student accounts, admission, records, or registration.
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ADVISING, ENROLLING IN A CLASS AND NEXT STEPS:
Contact Virtual Advising
Virtual Advising provides students with the opportunity to speak one-on-one with a professional advisor to explore academic options and opportunities.
Virtual Advisors are available via:
Advisor will respond within two business days
Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Thursday (8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- Friday (10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Hours of Operation: Days: Monday - Friday (11:00a.m.-1:00 p.m.)
A NOVA Student ID number is required for most services.
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ACCESSING LIBRARY RESOURCES:
Contact Library Services
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ACCESSING TUTORING RESOURCES:
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ACCOMMODATIONS/DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES:
Contact Disability Support Services
IF YOU NEED HELP FROM THE OPEN COMPUTER LAB STAFF:
Contact your campus OCL
Online Connectivity for Students Who Lack It
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- Altice/Suddenlink response: offers 30 MB internet to any new subscriber free for 60 days. No late fees or terminations for existing customers. Applicable to some rural localities
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH PARKING LOT WIFI:
Students can access WiFi without having to leave the car and can practice safe social distancing.