VCCS Student Email Account
Important Notice: Students cannot activate their VCCS student email until they have enrolled for classes. All fees must be paid before students can access their email.
Accessing Your Email
Sign into MyNOVA to register for your classes.
NOVA Online courses rely on the use of email to facilitate the communications among instructors and students. You have been assigned a Virginia Community College System (VCCS) email account and are required to use it for any course-related email communications so your privacy can be ensured as required by law.To find out your VCCS email account, go to https://nvcc.my.vccs.edu.
Establish VCCS Email Account
- Log in to MyNOVA with your new password.
- Select Gmail link.
- Read and agree to Gmail agreement terms.
- Your account is established once you can view your Gmail inbox.
- Check your student email daily for important information.
- MYNOVA email can be forwarded to a personal email account by clicking on settings (a gear icon) in the top right corner of your inbox.
- This is the official form of communication from NOVA and all notifications/information will be sent via student email.
NOVA Student Gmail Account
NOVA's Google email and Google Apps are available to NOVA students.
The Google email system provides you with a reliable and secure way to send and receive email. Emails are delivered through a Web browser and email addresses will not change.
Important Student Gmail Information
- All email addresses are email@example.com.
- You do NOT need to set up a new Gmail account.
- If you do not know your username or password, click on myNOVA from the Academic
Tools pageand then click on Forgot Password. Use the same link to reset your password.
- Access your email via myNOVA.
- Your mailbox size is 25GB. Spam and virus protection
isincluded. It has mobile access.
- Visit the FAQ page for more information.
- Be sure to read NOVA's email policy.
Instructions for Gmail
View the Gmail Interactive Tour.