NOVAConnect includes Wait List functionality in the Schedule of Classes set-up in SIS. When students attempt to enroll through Self-Service in a class that is full, they will be given the opportunity to be entered on a Wait List. If a spot in the class becomes available, students on the Wait List can gain entrance to the class in the order in which they placed their name on the Wait List. A batch process will run every evening once enrollment begins that will move the students from the wait list to enrollment status. The students can check their schedule the next morning to find out if they are enrolled in the class, and will have until 5:00 p.m. the next day to pay (if tuition is due). The last day for a student to get on a wait list is generally 13 days or two (2) weeks before the session begins. A batch process will run the next day to remove all students from Wait Lists so that an open registration period may begin.
Instructors can view enrolled and wait listed students on their Class Roster through Self-Service - Faculty Center.
- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Canvas, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center screen displays.
- Click on My Schedule.
The My Schedule screen displays.
Your schedule for the designated term (e.g. 2014 Fall) displays. To change the semester that is displayed, click the Change Term button. The Select Term screen displays. Select the desired Term from the drop-down menu, and click the Continue button.
In this example, the Faculty is teaching one (1) course but if she/he was teaching multiple courses, all the courses will be listed on the My Schedule screen.
- On the My Schedule screen, click the Class Roster icon at the left of the class row.
The Class Roster screen displays. This screen displays only fully Enrolled students.
- Change the Enrollment Status to ALL or WAITING to view wait listed students.
You also can see a student’s position number on the Wait List.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.