- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Canvas, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center screen displays.
- Click on My Schedule.
The My Schedule screen displays.
NOTE: Your teaching schedule for the designated Term will be displayed. To change the Term displayed, click the Change Term button and select the Term from the Select Term table and then click Continue. Do not use the Class Roster link under Faculty Center. Use My Schedule to access your rosters.
- Click the Class Roster icon at the left of the class you wish to access.
The selected Class Roster screen displays with the list of students’ names, student ID, phone number, VCCS email address, program and plans, advisor (you may need to use the bottom scroll bar to see the advisor names).
- Click the Printer Friendly Version link on the bottom of the screen to print the Class Roster.
NOTE: The Printer Friendly Version does not include the advisor's name.
- Click Download to download the class roster to an Excel spreadsheet.
Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off.
- Click on Notify Selected Students or Notify All Students at the bottom of the screen to send emails to students in your Class Roster.
NOTE: Your email address will display in the TO box and the selected students’ email addresses will display in the BCC box. This maintains the privacy of the students’ email addresses and prevents Reply All.
- Click Send Notification to send the email.
NOTE: This functionality is not to be used for regular email.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Help Desk.