- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Canvas, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Self Service at the top of screen and then select Campus Personal Information from the drop-down menu.
The Campus Personal Information screen displays.
- Click on User Preferences.
The User Preferences screen displays.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Institution field and select Northern Virginia Community College from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Academic Career field and select one of the following:
- Quarter Credit.
- Click on the magnifying glass next to the Term field and select a Term (Semester). The first three (3) numbers represent the year and the last number represents the term or semester.
For example, Term 2062 represents Spring 2006.
2062 = 2006 (year)
2062 = Spring semester
2063 = Summer semester
2064 = Fall semester
- Enter or select a default Aid Year, if applicable.
To select an Aid Year, click the magnifying glass and scroll down the page to see the list.
- Click the SAVE button.
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.