- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Canvas, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center screen displays.
- Click on My Schedule.
The My Schedule screen displays.
NOTE: Your teaching schedule for the designated Term will be displayed. To change the Term displayed, click the Change Term button and select Term from the Select Term table and then click Continue.
- Click on the Search tab.
The Search for Classes – Enter Search Criteria screen displays.
- Click on the Browse Course Catalog tab at the top of the screen.
The Browse Course Catalog screen displays.
- Click on the down arrow for the Selection Institution field and select Northern Virginia Comm College (or another community college, if applicable) from the drop-down menu.
- To navigate to different sections of the catalog, click on the first letter (e.g., A) of the alphabet of the specific section.
All the subjects with the three-letter code that match the first letter of the alphabet just entered displays.
- Select a subject or three-letter (e.g., ACC) code to view all the courses related to the subject/code.
All the courses related to the selected subject/code display.
- Click on the Course Number (e.g., 211 Principles of Accounting I ***view multiple offerings Typically Offered Fall, Spring, and Summer) under the Course Nbr column to see all the campuses, which offer the specific course.
The Browse Course Catalog -Select Course Offering screen for the selected Course Number (course subject) displays the list of campuses that offer the specific course.
- Click on one of the campuses (e.g., Alexandria) to see the details of the course.
The Course Detail screen displays.
- Click on View Class Sections to see the section schedule for the selected campus for the specific course.
NOTE: Scroll down to the Course Schedule section of the Browse Course Catalog – Course Detail screen to view all the sections of the course at the selected campus. Each course section provides information on the course such as the session length (e.g., 6,12 weeks), status (e.g., open, closed, wait list), section number, days of the week, start/end dates, building and room number, and instructor.
NOTE: Be sure to select the correct Term (Semester).
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Help Desk.