Request an Official Copy of Your NOVA Transcript
Introducing PARCHMENT, the secure, reliable, electronic transcript system now being used at NOVA. Transcripts ordered through Parchment:
- Provide a faster turnaround time.
- Eliminate opportunities for fraudulent transcript delivery.
- Provide maximum data integrity.
- Are trackable throughout the process from order to receipt.
- Are available in hard copy and electronic versions.
- Can be uploaded to the Common Application.
- Can be purchased by debit or credit card.
- Generate email confirmations when the:
- order is placed
- transcript has been sent out
- eTranscript has been downloaded by the recipient
- Can be sent anywhere, including overseas (NOTE: additional costs apply).
Use Your Student ID to Speed up the Process
Using a correct Student ID will assure that your transcript will be sent within 24 hours. Transcripts requested without a Student ID, or with an incorrect Student ID may be delayed for up to one week. Please check all information entered for accuracy. Don't guess—verify!
How to Request Your Official Transcript
- If you know your correct NOVA Student ID, click here.
- If you do not have a NOVA Student ID or can't find it, click here.
- For non-credit/CEU courses, please contact Workforce Development.
If you have questions regarding graduation, transcript, diploma, transfer credit or CRO practices, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Before requesting your transcript, you must check your records to make sure everything has been posted. Transcript requests cannot be held for the posting of grades, certificates, or degree awards. If a grade or degree has not been posted before you request your transcript, you will need to request and pay for another official transcript.
- Transcripts cost $10 for each electronic copy and $15 for each paper hard copy and must be purchased by credit or debit card.
- If you order a transcript using your correct Student ID, turnaround time is 24 hours or less for electronic transcripts. Delays may occur if there is a hold on your record, for which you will be notified by email.
- Parchment cannot hold a credit card pre-authorization for more than 30 days, so all open orders are canceled after 30 days. You will be sent a notification email when the order is canceled, informing you of the cancellation and giving you instructions on entering a new order if desired.
- Your credit card will be authorized for the purchase amount when the transcript is requested, but your credit card is not charged until the documents are processed successfully.
- If you have any monetary holds on your record, no transcript will be issued. Check your unofficial transcript and holds online through the Student Center in myNOVA.
- Conversion Holds - Archived students (no recent enrollment) records from the quarter credit system (pre-5-1-88) will need to be restored to current status. A conversion hold will be placed on the record until it is restored; expect a processing delay.
- Multiple ID numbers - Student records with multiple ID numbers will need to have their ID numbers merged so that all course work completed at NOVA will be included one official transcript. A hold will be placed until the records are merged; expect a processing delay.
- You can attach all required documents (ex. for law or medical school admission services), using the attachment feature.
- All paper hard copy transcripts issued are official and in a sealed envelope. Do not open your transcript if you plan to send the transcript to a college or organization. An opened transcript is considered unofficial by most colleges and organizations.
- CEU transcripts should be requested through your campus Workforce Development Office.
- If you have questions about transcript content or graduation email the College Records Office at AsktheCRO@nvcc.edu.
Transcripts being sent to George Mason University
Applicants to George Mason University must use the Parchment system to submit official NOVA transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Do not send a NOVA transcript before applying for admission to MASON.
- MASON does not accept NOVA paper transcripts or emailed transcripts.
- Transcripts are not processed by both institutions in real-time. Allow 3 business days for Mason to receive and add your transcript to your application. A “hold” status is a normal step in the MASON transcript process and does not indicate a financial hold on your record.
- The MASON Office of Admissions receives all Parchment transcripts. All academic advisors at Mason have access to your NOVA transcript. Do not send transcripts to any office other than the Office of Admissions.
Virginia Teaching Licensure
- The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) does not accept electronic transcripts. Hard copy paper official transcript requests are processed via the Parchment eService at a cost of $15.00. Request to have a sealed official transcript from the college sent to you, and include that sealed transcript with the application for licensure. Include official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Official student transcripts (bearing the registrar’s signature and embossed seal) that have been issued to students are acceptable. Do not have transcripts sent separately to the VDOE. Further information is provided on the VDOE website.