Before you can enroll in classes, you must have been formally admitted to the College (see Admission). After being admitted, you may enroll in classes using NovaConnect unless you are enrolled in a restricted program (Veterinary Technology, Nursing, or Allied Health program). If you are in a restricted program, you must enroll at the campus where the program is offered.

Once you have been admitted, you may enroll and pay online with Visa, MasterCard or American Express 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the NovaConnect Web site at For enrollment dates, see the College Calendar or the Schedule of Classes. For further instructions for using the NovaConnect Web go to

After being admitted, you also may enroll and pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express through NovaConnect Telephone, 703-323-3770 or 703-330-3770 (Prince William Co.). See the NovaConnect Telephone Enrollment Helpful Hints page in for telephone enrollment information. If you are a hearing-impaired student or have difficulty using telephone enrollment, you should contact the Counseling Services Center at any campus. Note: Not all NovaConnect functions are available on the telephone.

You may make schedule changes (adding, dropping, or swapping courses) by using NovaConnect Web/Telephone. We recommend that you print a copy of your enrollment course schedule by using NovaConnect.

During the “Schedule Adjustment With Permission” period, you may only add a course by obtaining the written permission of both the faculty member and the division dean. During this period, it is still possible to drop a course using NovaConnect.

After the “Last day for tuition refund” if you need to stop attending a course, you may withdraw using NovaConnect until the 60% date for the class (Last Day to Withdraw Without Grade Penalty). You may also submit a Withdrawal Form 125-47 ( to your instructor by the deadline (see Important Dates).

After the 60% date, most withdrawals will result in a grade of U or F. You must use the Withdrawal Form to document mitigating circumstances and receive approval from your instructor and division dean in order to receive a grade of W. If you simply stop attending, or try to withdraw using NovaConnect after the 60% date, you will receive an F or U in the course. Your tuition will not be refunded, regardless of the grade you receive, if you withdraw after the refund period.


Northern Virginia Community College 2005
This page was last updated on February 20, 2006 1:28 PM