Schedule of classes -- Fall 2010
REQUESTING TRANSCRIPTS FROM NOVA
If you attended NOVA between Fall 2001 and today, you can request transcripts online through NOVAConnect.
Online Requests (Two-day turnaround time):
- Log into NOVAConnect
- Click VCCS89: Student Information System
- Click Self Service
- Follow the instructions to request your transcripts
By Fax or by Mail (Allow 10 days):
- Complete and sign the Request for Transcript Form (125-89); unsigned requests cannot be processed.
- Fax the completed form to 703.813.6022; OR
- Mail the completed form to your campus Student Services Center
Go to http://www.nvcc.edu/current-students/services-to-students/transcripts/ for complete information.
Transcripts to be sent to George Mason University:
If you have not yet been admitted to GMU, send transcripts to GMU Office of Admissions; if you are currently attending GMU, send transcripts to Registrar’s Office, at:
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
Guaranteed Admission Applicants to George Mason University:
Tips for Navigating the Process
1. Make sure you are eligible for Guaranteed Admission to Mason on the NOVA transfer web site: http://www.nvcc.edu/about-nova/directories--offices/administrative-offices/ academic/files/GMUarticulation2007new.PDF . Remember, you must apply online for NOVA graduation before deadline dates: Fall – October 1; Spring – March 1; Fall – June 1.
2. Submit your Mason application on line: Go to http://admissions.gmu.edu/ApplyNow/ before sending any support documentation such as transcripts, to ensure that supporting documentation will be properly filed with your application. Note that Mason’s application deadline dates are still in effect for Guaranteed Admission applicants.
3. Request official transcripts from NOVA: Go to http://www.nvcc.edu/current-students/services-to-students/transcripts/index.html and other colleges and universities that you have attended. Your NOVA transcript will be sent to Mason electronically on the next business day following your request. Your NOVA email account will receive an email confirmation when your transcript has been sent.
Mason requires a transcript directly from each college you have attended, no matter how many classes you took at a particular school, even if you withdrew from all classes. Mason requests that you allow several weeks for them to process supporting documentation and attach it to your application.
4. If you have any questions during this time, contact Mason Admissions Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Always include your Mason G number (G#) in all communication. Please make sure you provide Mason an email address that you check often.
5. Don’t forget to request a final NOVA transcript online after your degree has been conferred. Check your student record in NOVAConnect (My NOVA) to be sure your degree award has been posted before ordering your final transcript. Remember that it may take up to two months after the end of the term for your degree to be posted on your transcript. Mason understands and accommodates our degree-awarding process.