In order to use the interactive Advisement Report in the planning and enrollment process, you must be logged in to the Self Service, Student Center. Advisors can also view your Advisement Report through their Advisor Center.
Navigation: Main Menu, Self Service, Student Center, My Academics, View My Advisement Report
- Click on the Student Center link.
- Click on My Academics.
- Click on View my advisement report.
- The interactive advising report will appear. The Advisement Report will display college catalog requirements for each degree or certificate plan in which you are placed according to catalog year. For an explanation of each section of this report, click on the expand all button.
Scroll through the report to find a requirement that is not satisfied, and select a course from the course grid that will satisfy the requirement.
- Check in the When column to see when the course is typically offered.
Click on one of the courses in the course grid – ENG 112 for example.
- Click on the campus row to find information about the class and when the class may be scheduled at that campus for a specific term. The next page which appears provides Course Detail information such as units (credits), grading basis, a description and prerequisites if any exist.
Click on view class sections link.
- Be sure to select the TERM for which information is requested. (This will not necessarily default to the term you wish to enroll.) Use the drop down arrow to select the term and then click Show Sections to find courses offered for the term selected.
Class section information is displayed, including multiple sections if available.
For further information on an open class section, confirm the Open status, and click on the section link. Example: 001W-LEC (14236)
NOTE: If you select a term for which enrollment is not yet available, the following message will appear:
However, you can still add this course to your planner and shopping cart.
- More information regarding the class section is displayed, including meeting information, class availability and a description of the course.
Click on Return to My Academic Requirements to return to the previous page.
- Courses you have completed and that have met a requirement will show as in the Status column on the report.
- Courses you are currently enrolled in but have not yet earned a final grade will show as in the Status column on the report.
- To print the Advisement Report click on View report as .PDF.