- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Blackboard, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center screen displays.
- Click on My Schedule.
The My Schedule screen displays.
NOTE: Your teaching schedule for the designated term will be displayed. To change the term that is displayed, click the Change Term drop-down menu and select the term you want.
- Click on the Search tab.
The Search for Classes screen displays.
- Enter your Search Criteria.
The less specific your criteria, the more results you will get and vice-versa.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Institution field and select Northern Virginia Community College from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Term field and select the Term from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the course Subject, Course Number and the Course Career.
The course Subject should be a three-letter abbreviation for credit classes and a four-letter abbreviation for non-credit classes. If you aren't sure which abbreviation to use, click the Select Subject button to select from the Select a Subject list.
- Complete the Campus and Mode of Instruction fields, as needed.
- Select Show Open Classes Only and Open Entry/Exit Classes Only, if appropriate.
NOTE: NOVA does not have Open Entry/Exit Classes Only.
- To enter additional search criteria, such as campus or location, click on Additional Search Criteria.
- Click Search when done.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Helpdesk, which is operational 24/7 including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Local Telephone: 703.426.4141. Toll Free: 855.259.1019 (Outside No. Virginia)