The Office of College Government Affairs and Community Relations:
- Provides leadership and supervision for College government and public affairs activities.
- Participates in the development and promotion of College legislative priorities.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the College’s legislative strategy.
- Participates in local, state and federal legislative activities.
- Participates in community-based educational, corporate and cultural activities.
- Coordinates a process of identification and development of new strategic community relationships with potential members of the College Board and NOVA Educational Foundation Board.
- Coordinates a process of identification and development of new strategic relationships with key members of the legislature and local government as well as business and civic leaders in the community.
- Provides leadership and coordination to College special events including: the annual NOVA Commencement ceremony, annual College Awards Luncheon, annual NOVA Board Dinner, ground breaking ceremonies and building dedications.