April 3, 2020 - Letter Grade Request Form
Dear NOVA Nighthawks,
I hope you are well and safe. Last Friday, you received information from NOVA President
Anne Kress about how the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) would address the Spring 2020 grading system in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a reminder, the full list of Frequently Asked Questions about the new grading policy can be found here.
NOVA has developed an online process to notify the college that you are requesting letter grades. The two most important things to remember:
- You are responsible for completing this process. Unless you notify us that you want a letter grade, your course will default to the P+, P-, WC grading system.
- Your decision to receive a letter grade in a class is final once you submit your selection form. VCCS policy requires us to record your selection, and it cannot be changed. So NOVA encourages you to take time to consider your options.
To consider as you make your decision:
- If you do not elect to receive a letter grade for a class, you will receive a P+, P-, or WC (Withdrawal-COVID) grade.
- If you want a letter grade (A, B, C, D, F), you must submit this form on or before the last day of instruction in each class. Your form will list the end dates of each class.
- You can begin to make your selections on April 8. Between April 3 and April 8, you can review the form as many times as you need.
- You have the option to request an Incomplete (I grade) directly from your faculty member, and if awarded, you will have through fall 2020 to complete the course.
- Regardless of your grade selection, you can withdraw from your course up until the day before the last day of classes and receive a W.
- And one last reminder: once you hit the submit button on your selection form, you cannot make any changes; your choice is recorded, is final, and cannot be changed. So, please take time to consider your choices carefully.
If you have questions:
About the grading policy: see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the new grading policy—you will find them here.
About your course performance: contact your Professor.
Still looking for answers: email CAO@nvcc.edu.
Your link to the request form:
The link highlighted below allows you to make your final selection about the grading options for each class in which you are enrolled.To access the form, you must sign in with your VCCS credentials (myNOVA).
The Letter Grade Request form for Spring 2020 is no longer available.
Please remember that #YouMatterToNOVA. If you need assistance, please reach out—we’re here for you!