Student Resources During COVID-19
If you live in one of the following counties where our campuses are located, several services are available for you to meet your basic needs. Please visit their website for more information. Contact the Single Stop office at email@example.com for information about additional counties.
Prince William County: https://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/socialservices/Pages/About%20Us.aspx
Loudoun County: https://www.loudoun.gov/4132/Needs-Assistance
NEED HELP WITH FOOD, BILLS, or RENT?
United Way has a COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund. Just call 1-866-211-9966 and provide your zip code and a local agency will assist you.
Calling 2-1-1 from your home or cell will get you connected to local resources.
HOME INTERNET ACCESS
- Comcast Internet Essentials, a low-cost home internet package for qualifying individuals and households, is now available for free for the first two months. To sign up, applicants can simply visit internetessentials.com.
- AT&T is offering low-cost wireline home Internet service to qualifying households. https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html
- Charter Communications will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Contact your internet provider to check options for waiving late payment fees, increasing caps on internet speeds, not disconnecting customers for not paying bills on time.
- Internet Essentials provides low cost computers to Internet Essentials customers. internetessentials.com
- PCs For People provides affordable computers and low-cost internet to eligible individuals. They offer: Refurbished Desktop & Laptop Computers, Low-Cost Mobile Internet, Affordable Computer Repair https://www.pcsforpeople.org/get-technology/
- Contact the Single Stop Office for Emergency Referral for Food for Others. With the referral, you have up to 2 weeks to visit and retrieve the food from the office at 2938 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- Capital Area Food Bank https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/find-food-assistance/
- org (www.foodpantries.org) is a resource that provides you with a list of local food pantries and their contact information. Just choose Virginia from the dropdown and then you will be able to input your address to find the closest resources.
- Feeding America https://www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank
NEED HELP WITH YOUR FINANCES
- Please contact Diana Yacob, Financial Expert from NOVA’s Financial Stability Program to discuss your financial situation. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO
- NAMI is operating a mental health hotline if you are experiencing anxiety or other wellness needs.
Call 1-800-950-6264 or text 741741.
- Academic Advising
- Personal Wellness
- Disability Services
- Financial Assistance
- Access to Food
- Access to Healthcare
- A Place To Stay
- International Student Support
- Technology Access
- How to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
- Military & Veteran Support
- Online Student Activities and Events
- Child Care
- Financial Stability Program
- NOVA's Single Stop Resources
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington
- Falls Church Community Service Council
- Northern Virginia Family Service
- Fairfax Neighborhood and Community Services
- Good Sheperd Housing Emergency Services Program
- Britepaths Virtual Resources for Your Finances, Job Search and More
- Salvation Army’s Emergency Assistance
- Rising Hope United Methodist Mission Church
- StreetLight Community Outreach Ministries
- Tree of Life Center - Purcellville
- Community Church COVID-19 Relief
- Koinonia Foundation
- St. Paul United Methodist Church
- Arlington Food Assistance Center
- Freedom Community Church
- Haymarket Regional Food Pantry
- Western Fairfax Christian Ministries
- ACTS Prince William County
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington - Leesburg Food Pantry
- Dulles South Food Pantry
- Ecumenical Community Helping Others
- Food for Others
- LINK Against Hunger
- Loudoun Hunger Relief
- Northern Virginia Family Service COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program
- The Salvation Army
- Seven Loaves Services
- Yeshua Bread Of Life Food Pantry