The REV Initiative
The Re-Employing Virginians (REV) initiative helps current and future students cover the cost of tuition and fees in fields that will lead to careers. If you are unemployed or underemployed due to COVID-19 you can receive up to $3,000 for short-term training or certification programs at NOVA.
We Want to Help You Get Back to Work
Review the eligibility requirements and then complete the REV Self-Certification Form, and the other steps. Then check your email because a Navigator will contact you and assist you with the process, making sure you have everything you need to make the most of this opportunity. The program has been extended until December 14, 2021 or until funding runs out!
To qualify for REV funds for high-demand workforce education programs at NOVA (see list of programs below), you must certify that you meet one of the following criteria:
- A Virginia resident who lost his/her job due to COVID-19 and received unemployment benefits on or after Aug. 1, 2020.
- A Virginia resident who was laid off from a full-time job due to COVID-19 and now works part-time, earning less than $15/hour.
*Please note the following are not eligible for REV:
- Individuals who resigned from full-time employment to care for sick relatives or stay home with school-age children. (May be eligible for other financial assistance.)
- DACA and dual enrolled students.
- Due to the competitive admissions of the Medical Education programs, only current NOVA medical education students are eligible for REV funds for healthcare programs. All FastForward healthcare programs are eligible for REV funds and available to new students.
If you meet the requirements above, then you’re on your way. To take advantage of this one-time-only opportunity, follow these three steps:
2. Apply to NOVA.
- If you select short-term workforce training (FastForward eligible programs), you’ll receive up to $1,500 which will be applied to your course tuition. Create a NOVA Workforce profile here! (FastForward programs only)
- If you select classes for a career studies certificate or an associate degree, you’ll receive up to $1,500 for part-time or up to $3,000 for full-time – both applied directly to your student account. Apply here!
3. Check your email, because an advisor will reach out to you soon about enrolling in classes.
This is a one-time funding effort to help Virginians recover from job loss or underemployment due to COVID-19. Complete steps 1 and 2 today to begin the process because funding is provided on a first-come, first-served basis through December 14, 2021, or until funds are exhausted.
4. Please note: REV is a one-time funding award and it can only be used in one program. You can either use the REV voucher for an Associate Degree, Career Studies Certificate program or for a Short-Term FastForward Non-Credit program.
- AAS-Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- AAS-Diag Med Sonography/Vascular Sonography
- AAS-Dental Hygiene
- AAS-Occupational Therapy Assisting
- AAS-Emergency Med Services
- AAS-Medical Laboratory Technology
- AAS-Health Information Management
- AAS-Physical Therapist Assisting
- AAS-Respiratory Therapy
- AAS-Veterinary Technology
- CERT-Dental Assisting
- CSC-Biotechnology Lab Tech
- CSC-Med Lab Assistant (MLA)
- CSC-Clinical Data Coding
- FastForward Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- FastForward Massage Therapy
- FastForward Nurse Aide Preparation (CNA)
- FastForward Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- FastForward Pharmacy Technician
- AAS-Information Systems Technology
- AAS Information Technology: Cloud Computing Specialization
- CSC-Database Specialist
- CSC-Web Design and Development
- CSC-Network Engineering (Specialist)
- CSC-Mobile Application Development
- CSC-Cloud Computing
- FastForward AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- FastForward AWS Cloud Practitioner
- FastForward Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- FastForward CompTIA A+
- FastForward CompTIA Linux+
- FastForward CompTIA Network+
- FastForward CompTIA Security+
- AAS-Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- AAS-Automotive Technology
- AAS- Construction Management Technology
- AAS-Engineering Technology
- AAS-Engineering Technology: Data Center Operations Specialization
- CERT-Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- CSC-Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- CSC-HVAC-R and Facilities Services Technology
- CSC-Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair
- CSC-Collision Repair Technology
- CSC-Site Development
- CSC- Construction Supervision
- CSC-Welding/Basic Techniques
- CSC-Data Center Operations
- CSC- Automotive Diagnosis & Repair
- CSC- Diesel Basic Repair
- CSC- Diesel Preventative Maintenance
- CSC-Engineering Technology Technician
- FastForward EPA Section 608 Technician
- AAS-Administration of Justice
- AAS-Administration of Justice: Homeland Security Specialization
- CERT-Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Counselor
- CERT-Administration of Justice
- CSC-Administration of Justice: General Forensic Investigation
- CSC- Administration of Justice: Advanced Forensic Investigation
- CSC- Administration of Justice: National Security