What Pathway Does
The key to Pathway’s success is its student-centered model, which builds an ongoing relationship between students, their counselors and peers across educational institutions. Critical support is offered to participating students each step along the way:
- One-on-one meetings with a Pathway Counselor at participating high schools to develop an individualized plan for college transition.
- Regular workshops on key transition issues, including college placement testing and financial planning.
- Personalized assistance with applying for financial aid and scholarships.
- Early placement testing, academic advising and priority registration at participating high schools.
- Comprehensive summer orientation programs.
- One-stop counseling and support from a campus Pathway Counselor.
- Academic skill-building, peer support and leadership development.
- Learning community courses and special program events at NOVA.
- Grant and scholarship funding dedicated to program participants.
- Personalized assistance with each step of the transfer process
- Customized degree planning and course selection based on student transfer plan and Guaranteed Admissions Agreements requirements
- One-on-one assistance with transfer and graduation applications
- Continued Pathway staff support for students attending George Mason University