What Pathway Does
The key to Pathway’s success is its student-centered model, which builds an ongoing relationship between students and their counselors, faculty members and peers across educational institutions to sustain students throughout their college experience. Critical support is offered to participating students each step along the way:
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
Preparing for Success in College
- One-on-one meetings with a Pathway Counselor at participating high schools to develop an individualized plan for college transition.
- Regular workshops on key transition issues, including college placement testing and financial planning.
- Personalized assistance with applying for financial aid and scholarships.
- Early placement testing, academic advising and priority registration at participating high schools.
- Comprehensive summer orientation programs.
Supporting Success at NOVA
- One-stop counseling and support from a campus Pathway Counselor.
- Academic skill-building, peer support and leadership development.
- Fast-track remediation programs in English and math.
- Learning community courses and special program events at NOVA.
- Grant and scholarship funding dedicated to program participants.
- Early access to athletic and cultural events and academic resources at George Mason University.
Fostering Success Beyond NOVA
- Hands-on assistance with each step of the transfer process.
- Customized course selection and support with the university application process.
- Early co-enrollment in Mason classes while completing a NOVA degree.
- Guaranteed admission to Mason upon completion of an A.A. or A.S. degree at NOVA with a 2.85 cumulative GPA.
- Continued support to students attending George Mason University.
For a more detailed description of the program, visit the Information Center.