Breaking News: Pathway featured in April 2014 Washington Post Magazine as "NOVA's Extraordinary Pipeline to College"
Pathway to the Baccalaureate is a consortium of ten educational institutions in Northern Virginia -- K-12 public school systems, Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and George Mason University – who have joined forces to provide a seamless web of support to selected students as they pursue a four-year college degree, beginning with the transition from high school, through NOVA, to George Mason or another university. Pathway has emerged as an award-winning program model that has demonstrated remarkable outcomes in college readiness, access, success and completion.
National study highlights Pathway’s success:
A 2010 case study by the New America Foundation, Pathway to the Baccalaureate: How one community college is helping underprepared students succeed, hails Pathway’s “promising outcomes.”
|WHAT STUDENTS SAY|
“Pathway has given me a sense of hope about college.”
“The Pathway Program propelled me far in my academic career.”
|MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT|
"If we’re going to be competitive globally we need a greater percentage of people going to college. It just so happens the majority of the people coming down the pipeline do not have a college-going tradition.”
Register for classes early - once the session begins, registration is closed!
|Pathway Student Contract|
- October 2014: Pathway students win VALHELN scholarships
- September 2014: Pathway featured in With Good Reason broadcast story
- April 2014: Pathway featured in Christian Science Monitor Story
- April 2014: Pathway featured in Washington Post Magazine story
- September 2013: Pathway receives Virginia Bridge Builder in Education Award
- July 2013: Pathway Connection College Readiness pilot expands to Arlington County Public Schools
- March 2013: Pathway featured in Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education magazine article
- May 2012: Pathway student David Liendo awarded prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Transfer Scholarship
- June 2011: Pathway featured in Education Week magazine's "Diplomas Count 2011" edition
- April 2010: National case study on Pathway released by New America Foundation
- September 2009: Pathway named finalist in Excelencia in Education Foundation's 2009 Examples of Excelencia
- May 2009: Pathway awarded 2009 Virginia Excellence in Education Award for Community Colleges