We're glad you and your student are considering NOVA!
We want see your student to thrive in their educational journey. At NOVA we have the support system in place to help all students, and all families, be successful. And it doesn't’t hurt that our six campuses provide the quality of a major college or university without the additional costs.
In this section you will find a collection of resources for you and your student as you explore the possibility of a NOVA education.
Learning About NOVA
Once your student decides to apply, take some time to learn more about the admissions and registration process and paying for a NOVA education. A four-year degree can be expensive but two years at NOVA can get you where you want to be, within your budget.
If you find that you need assistance at any point in the process, use the contact information on this page. We’re available by phone, email and LIVE chat.
First Year Admission
First Year Admission offers resources designed to support new students through the process of getting started at NOVA.
- Student Life & Athletics
- Student Resources
- Transfer Programs
- Honors Program
- Dual Enrollment
- Tuition and Fees
NOVA Quick Facts:
- Transfer: During 2017-18, over 11,200 students transferred from NOVA to a four-year institution.
- Faculty Award: NOVA faculty have won the SCHEV Outstanding Faculty Award, the highest teaching honor in the Commonwealth, more often than faculty from any other two- or four-year higher education institution in the state.
- NOVA Online: NOVA powers the online courses at 19 of the 23 VCCS colleges.
- AWS Partnership: At one point, one of every five AWS employees in Virginia had attended NOVA.
- Scholarship Recipients: All of Virginia’s Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Transfer Scholarship honorees this year came from NOVA.
- NOVA Phi Theta Kappa - These NOVA students are regularly named to the national and state All-Academic teams.
- Scholarships: The NOVA Educational Foundation last year transferred almost $1.8M in scholarships to our students.