In this section you will find a collection of resources for you as the parent or family member of a NOVA student. Remember that we’re always here to help you. If you have any questions, you may reach us by phone, email or LIVE chat.
Congratulations! If your student has recently been admitted to NOVA, you probably have many questions about what happens next. You can begin with our section on Student Orientation or First-Year Experience.
Resources for Parents
There’s a lot to keep track of as the parent or family member of a NOVA student. We’ve collected information to help you stay on track of your student's onboarding experience:
- Follow dates and deadlines from the Academic Calendar.
- How to pay the student’s tuition or applying for Financial Aid.
- Transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
Helping Your Student Succeed
NOVA is committed to helping our students succeed. Learn more about the support services available to students at NOVA including:
- Transfer: During 2017-18, over 11,200 students transferred from NOVA to a four-year institution. (29.8% increase in annual numbers of Transfers from 2013-14 to 2017-18)
- Financial Aid: In 2018-19, 30% of NOVA students received some form of financial aid.
- Public High School Graduates: In 2018-19, 24% of 2017–18 Northern Virginia public high school graduates enrolled at NOVA.
- International Students: The number of international students attending NOVA in Fall 2018 was 7,373
- Class Size: NOVA offers small classes with an average of 21 students, taught by award-winning faculty.
- Graduates: The number of graduates for 2017–18 was 6,347.