NOVACard mobile card readers are available for rent to allow organizations, faculty and staff to accept NOVACard as a payment option, and track attendance to events or classes in an effort to collect valuable assessment data on student participation.
If you are using it as a payment option, funds will be transferred to the department code provided and a report will be generated and sent to the location indicated on the rental form.
Student organizations and NOVA faculty and staff may reserve mobile readers by filling out and submitting the NOVACard Equipment Reservation form. Make sure you reserve the mobile reader at least two days before your event.
- All mobile readers are available for rent on a first come, first served basis.
- Card Reader Rentals are not allowed for any non-NOVA affiliated organizations.
- Rentals are $10 per event.
How do I reserve a reader?
- Complete the NOVACard Equipment Reservation Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible, but at least two business days before the event. (Please provide budget codes (fund, department, campus, account) and designate if your department is local or state on the Funds Transfer Account # line on the mobile reader rental form. This will be used to transfer any funds due if the mobile reader was used for purchases.)
- Submit a check request for the $10 rental fee. The $10 per event per reader rental fee can only be accepted using a check request form.
- NOVACard will email acceptance of the form with pickup information (campus card office where the event will be held).
- Pick up your card reader from the campus card office (check request forms must be presented at time of or before pickup of the mobile reader. Within this check request, you will need to include your budget codes to charge the expense against and have the check payable to NOVACard).
- Drop off the mobile reader 24 hours after the event to the same card office where you picked the mobile reader up. Drop off can be 10:00 a.m. the following Monday if the event falls on a Friday or weekend.