NOVA Launches New Mobile Site
September 17, 2009
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) has launched a mobile site which will allow the College community to stay connected to important information using a mobile device. From now on, when you visit the NOVA site using your handheld device, you will automatically be directed to http://mobile.nvcc.edu/.
Features you will find on the mobile site will include:
- Click-to-Call - All phone numbers on the NOVA Mobile site are click-to-call.
- MyNOVA - Your MyNOVA home page is updated throughout the day to provide you with the latest and most relevant information.
- Emergency Info - Locate important opening/closing information about the College. If information pertaining to a critical event or emergency is published on the NOVA home page, it will also be available on NOVA Mobile.
- Library - Find links to addresses and business hours for specific campus libraries. Users may also access the central NOVA library site.
- Calendar - View full academic calendar listings, deadlines and scheduled closings for the entire year, as well as all major events on campus.
- Class Search - Access details to NOVA courses and other college information that's also in the print version of the schedule of classes. The interactive schedule includes special notes and prerequisites for each course.
- Campus Maps & Directions - View maps and directions to help you navigate all of our campuses and centers with ease. You will also find addresses and phone numbers for specific buildings.
- Public Transportation - Enter a bus stop number to generate a list of buses that will soon be arriving.
Accessing our site using your mobile device is one of the many convenient new ways you can connect with NOVA. You can also interact with NOVA online through Facebook, MySpace, iTunes U, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. To learn more about our social networking sites, please go here.
For more information about NOVA’s mobile site, please contact Cathy Simpson at 703-323-3515 or email@example.com.
# # #
Northern Virginia Community College is the largest institution of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and one of America's largest community colleges. NOVA enrolls more than 60,000 students at its six campuses in Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Manassas, Springfield and Woodbridge, and through the Extended Learning Institute. For more information about NOVA and its programs or services, call 703-323-3000 or visit the College's Web site, www.nvcc.edu.