Apply to the Health Sciences Programs
The Health Sciences programs require a separate application process and only accept students during a specific timeframe. Meeting the minimum application criteria does not guarantee acceptance, especially for programs with competitive admission.
You must be an active student and have valid myNOVA credentials to submit an online application. Application periods open at 12:01am on the start date and close at 11:59pm on the end date. You may not submit more than one application for the same program in an application cycle. If you forget an attachment, you may email MEC Student Services to request your application be sent back to you to add attachments. Applications with missing required attachments will also be sent back for editing as they are processed. Please check your student email account frequently for information regarding your application status.
For password resets and help logging into myNOVA, please contact the IT Help Desk. For all other application questions or to report a missing attachment, please contact MEC Student Services at email@example.com.
- 2019 Program Requirements & Deadlines
- How to find myNOVA login
- Health Sciences and Nursing Application
Some programs require supporting documents with the application. Forms may be downloaded from the program website.
|DNA||High school diploma/transcript or GED|
|DNH||Chair-side Assisting Clinical Work Experience Form (if applicable)|
|Dental Assisting Training Program Certificates (if applicable)|
|Certified Dental Assistant Credential (DANB Certification - if applicable)|
|Copy of TEAS Test scores|
|DMS||Copy of TEAS Test scores|
|Copy of current RT(R), RDMS, RDCS, or RVT licensure or certification (if applicable)|
|MLT||MLT Education Worksheet|
|Copy of TEAS Test Scores|
|OTA||OTA Program Observation Form|
|OTA Program Work Experience Form (if applicable)|
|PTA||Copy of TEAS scores including the score for the Anatomy and Physiology science section|
|Clinic Observation Form (Note: The applicant must mail this form via certified mail to the MEC. Please refer to the PTA Information Session handout for mailing instructions.)|
|RAD||Copy of TEAS Test Scores|
|All other programs||No supporting documents are required|
- Apply to NOVA
- Attend/View an Information Session
- Submit External Transcripts for Evaluation
- Take Placement Tests
- Complete the Pre-Admission Requirements
- Apply to the Program
- If You Need Help
Apply to NOVA
- Apply to NOVA as a degree-seeking student.
- Students who have not attended for more than three consecutive semesters must re-apply.
Attend/View an Information Session
- Attend/View the mandatory program Information Session.
- Some programs may also require an in-person session; see the program website for session dates
- Disclaimer: Information sessions may be updated annually so check back every summer
Submit External Transcripts for Evaluation
This step is only required for students who have taken courses outside of NOVA
- All applicable courses must be posted to your NOVA student record before submitting an application.
- Allow 4 to 8 weeks for US transcripts and 8 to 10 weeks for international transcripts to be evaluated.
- Submit official sealed transcripts from outside colleges to Student Services.
- Complete a Transcript Evaluation Request Form.
An international credit evaluation agency must evaluate college credit from universities outside the U.S. before submitting it to the college. NOVA accepts evaluations from www.wes.org or www.ierf.org.
Refer to the Transfer Credit Evaluation website for more information.
Take Placement Tests
This step is only required for students who have not already transferred college English or Math
- Campus Testing Centers: http://www.nvcc.edu/testing/campus.html
- Note the specific English and Math placement test requirements for the desired program
Complete the Pre-Admission Requirements
- Note the specific application requirements for the desired program.
- Plan your schedule so all requirements will be completed by the deadline.
- If TEAS testing is required, plan for 30 days between retakes in case multiple attempts are needed.
- Final grades for pre-requisite courses must be posted before submitting an application.
- Transfer credit and credit by exam results must be posted before submitting an application.
Apply to the Program
- Submit an online Health Sciences & Nursing Application within the specified application period.
- Include any supporting documents if required by the program.
- Complete a separate application for each program if you are applying to multiple programs.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline has passed for your application to be processed.
- Check your VCCS student email account frequently for your application status.
- All applicants will receive final notification from the program department
- If You Need Help
Common Reasons for Incomplete Applications
- Missing a required course or test
- Not having the minimum grade required
- Not having the minimum TEAS score required
- Not having the minimum cumulative GPA required
- Not submitted during the application period
- Request for transfer credit evaluation not submitted in time
- Expired placement test scores