- All tutoring must take place at the Loudoun Tutoring Center located on the first floor of Loudoun Commons, LC 102.
- You may receive up to two hours of tutoring per week for each class that you are currently enrolled in and that we have a tutor for. Unused hours from a previous week may not be applied to the current week.
- You must abide by NOVA’s policies on academic honesty. Tutors are not allowed to go beyond the scope of tutoring and complete graded work that is to be done by you. If approached, this situation must be reported to the Tutoring Coordinator.
- You are expected to attend each class, participate in class, take notes, read your course materials, and study. In order to improve your chances of doing well in a class, you should study about three hours per week per credit. Example: For a 3 credit class, you should expect to study about 9 hours per week outside of class.
- You should come to the tutoring session prepared. Not only does this mean bringing all the required materials, such as the textbook, workbook, handouts, etc., but also having read the given material and attempted the homework. Tutors are available to answer questions on the material covered in class, not to reteach the course. Also, for any course with a lab, tutors will not be available to verify answers and/or complete any lab reports.
- The minimum length of time that can be scheduled for an appointment is 30 minutes. The maximum is 120 minutes (2 hours).
- You may schedule an appointment for a tutor, as long as there is a tutor available for that subject.
- Appointments can be made up to 24-hours in advance.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start of the appointment.
In the case of an emergency:
- You may sign-in to your scheduled appointment up to 15 minutes before the start of the appointment. If you are late more than 15 minutes, you will be counted as a no-show.
- After two missed appointments, you will only be allowed to receive tutoring on a walk-in basis for the rest of the semester.
NOTE: Walk-ins are only available through the Annandale, Alexandria, Manassas, Loudoun, and Woodbridge Tutoring Center.