A VPN (virtual private network) allows you to create a secure connection to NOVA's network. Certain college resources, such as file shares or AIS requires a VPN connection.
Which version of VPN should I use?
Palo Alto GlobalProtect
- Access resources such as home/group network drives, SharePoint, Remote Desk Servers, AIS, and Cisco softphone.
- Will work for anyone trying to connect to NOVA resources
- Automatic installation on all college own laptops by IT if connected to NOVA's network. Installation directions are below for those off-campus. Contact IT for installation if needed.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN with Symantec 2Factor Authentication
- Install if working with PII (personally identifiable information) data.
- If you already have Cisco AnyConnect installed and work with PII data, continue to work with this software.
- You will not be able to use the Palo Alto GlobalProtect software even if it is installed on your computer.
- For HR, Police, IT, Financial Aid, IT Help Desk
Directions for GlobalProtect Installation
Before downloading the software, please make sure to read the installation instructions first.