Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need to take security awareness training?
- Who must complete GLS Security Awareness Training?
- What will I learn during GLS Security Awareness Training?
- What do I need to take this training?
- What is the URL for the Global Learning Systems website?
- Why am I getting a blank white screen when I attempt to login?
- I thought I had completed the GLS Security Awareness Training, but I am being told that I have not. What do I need to do?
- How do I print my GLS Security Awareness Training certificate?
- How do I change my GLS training password?
- I am having trouble changing my password. What could be the problem?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the GLS Training?
- What will happen if I do not complete the GLS Security Awareness Training?
Why do I need to take security awareness training?
Security awareness training is important in ensuring that we are all informed about our security responsibilities. The information provided in security awareness training will benefit you in your personal and professional life as you learn about topics such as malware (viruses, spyware, etc.), spam, phishing and identity theft. The training is required annually by VCCS.
Who must complete GLS Security Awareness Training?
Everyone including all faculty, staff, P-14, retirees, student hires, temporary employees, volunteers, and vendors working for the College that are issued a NVCC LAN account must complete Security Awareness Training within 30 days of their LAN/email account being created and on an annual basis thereafter.
- FERPA Fast Facts - VCCS
- NVCC Vault Documents
- Security Awareness Essentials Challenge for Education - VCCS
What do I need to take this training?
A Windows PC with the Internet Explorer Web Browser version 10 or higher. You should be able to use other browsers (ex. Firefox, Chrome etc.) or other computing environments (ex. Mac, Linux, etc.) as well that have internet access.
What is the URL for the Global Learning Systems website?
It is https://nvcc.glsondemand.com/Login
Why am I getting a blank white screen when I attempt to login?
You may have a pop-up blocker installed that is preventing GLS program from loading correctly. You must allow pop-ups from this site to complete the training.
I thought I had completed the GLS Security Awareness Training, but I am being told that I have not. What do I need to do?
You must receive a score of 88% or higher to pass the quizzes and agree to all of the documents in the Vault Security Documents course to complete the training. You are issued a certificate upon successfully completing each course.
How do I print my GLS Security Awareness Training certificate?
You are not required to provide a copy of your certificate to receive credit for completing the training. If you want to print your certificate at any time after completing the training for your own records, do the following:
- From the Home page to the right of each course you will see the word Certificate.
- Click on Certificate which will give you an option to either view or save certificate.
- View document to confirm completion date and print.
How do I change my GLS training password?
You can change your password by clicking Reset Password on the NOVA Global Learning login screen. If you use the Reset Password feature, please be aware that the new password will be emailed to you at your NOVA email address. Then you will need to create your own new password. Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 8 characters in length.
- Must not be a recently used password.
- Must contain at least three of the following four criteria:
- Lowercase letters (a through z),
- Uppercase letters (A through Z),
- Numbers (0 through 9),
- Special Characters (%7e!@#$%^&*?;:+=_-)
I am having trouble changing my password. What could be the problem?
We have found in the past that a cached Web page will sometimes keep responding that the password has already been used. Cached Web pages are pages your Web browser has visited that the browser has kept a local copy of to make future loading faster. The problem is that you are sometimes stuck with old pages when viewing. To clear the cache in IE 11, go to Tools > Internet Options, click on Delete under Browsing History. Close your browser and then type in the URL for the site; now try to change your password again.
- Email NOVA's IT Help Desk
- Or call 703-426-4141
- 30 days past due: access to your NOVA accounts will be suspended until Security Awareness Training is completed.
- If your access is suspended for failure to complete GLS Training you must complete the training from a home or public computer and call the IT Help Desk at 703.426.4141 to inform them that the training has been completed. The IT Help Desk will inform you of when your access will be reinstated. Your access will not be reinstated immediately.