These procedures cover the College standards, options and ordering procedures for the desk phone, phone services, cell phone discounts and stipend program.
Use Form 105-045 to request a desk phone and phone services.
College Desk Phones
- Faculty, staff and adjunct are provided with a desk phone.
- Only CISCO IP Phones may be connected to the College network.
- The current standard desk phone is the Cisco 8841.
- There is no cost to the department for new phone service or changes that are part of the College network.
- Individual departments/campuses are responsible for cost of new cabling.
- Requests for new telephone instruments, new lines of service, changes to existing service, and new cabling must be made on Form 105-045.
- Requests for changes to the telephone screen programming should be sent to the IT Help Desk.
College Soft Phones
- A limited number of Cisco Soft Phones are available for laptop computers. This software lets the laptop function as a regular college telephone on the College network when used with a standard headset and microphone.
- Soft Phones require that the laptop be connected to the College through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) the Internet, and may not work in all locations (such as hotels) due to local firewalls.
- Requests for Soft Phones must be made on Form 105-045.
- Cost for headset/microphone is around $25 at local stores (avoid cheap ones).