NOVA faculty and staff are now eligible to participate in Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to get a licensed copy of most Microsoft® Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer. Both Windows and Mac versions are available.
Under the Home Use Program, employees who are users of qualifying applications at work (ex. Office Enterprise) may acquire a licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (ex. Office Enterprise) to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using HUP software while you are a NOVA employee as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
You are only entitled to one copy under the home use program.
Please Note: Some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please visit https://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/faq.aspx?culture=en-US.
How-To Access the Microsoft Home Use Program Website:
- Go to http://www.microsofthup.com.
- Select the country where you want your order to be shipped and choose the language for viewing the order website.
- Enter your college faculty/staff email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Microsoft HUP (email@example.com). Click “Confirm your Account” to continue and you will be sent to the Home Use Program purchasing site.
- Click “Add to Cart” next to each of the products you wish to purchase and proceed through the checkout process. Once the purchase is completed, download and install the program.